Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

hey guys newbie here with 2 questions to strat :)

Old 05-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beachbumtroy has disabled reputation
Default hey guys newbie here with 2 questions to strat :)

hey guys new owner here,with alot of questions on my truck and never owned a dodge before,but just 2 questions to start, so i need ur help, 1st off its a 1997 1500 quadcab, with a 5.2 motor,my 1st question is (keep in mind im not a mechanic) a diagram or explanation of which a/c line is the low pressure port? i need to add freon? and the 2nd question is the drivers window goes up great but coming down,it comes off the track and falls,now ive taken off the panel and see that there r 2 nubs that sit in the track to make it go up and down but theres nothing that hold the nubs in to keep em from popping out as it is lowered, is there suppose to be,or maybe my track needs to be bent closer together to keep em from coming out? tell me how to proceed and i will try it thnx in advance for any and all assistance. troy
Old 05-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov
Default Re: hey guys newbie here with 2 questions to strat :)

Take it to a shop. If you don't know a thing about heating/ac, don't dick around with it. The low pressure line will have the smaller blue cap on it. It's located somewhere from the front to the rear bumper. Also, if you need to add freon to it, that means you have a leak. The reason I say take it to a shop is: they have ac machines that read the high pressure and low pressure side of the system. Judging on that, it tells you whether the compressor is bad etc.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: hey guys newbie here with 2 questions to start :)

i plan on doing just that but as i said i just got the truck,so i went and bought a can of freon with the dye mixed in to do what the shops going to do anyway and this way i hope to see any leaks or maybe it just needs freon,hopeing lol but thnx so low line is the smaller one with the blue cap then right? thnx troy

Originally Posted by PicovAndropov
Take it to a shop. If you don't know a thing about heating/ac, don't dick around with it. The low pressure line will have the smaller blue cap on it. It's located somewhere from the front to the rear bumper. Also, if you need to add freon to it, that means you have a leak. The reason I say take it to a shop is: they have ac machines that read the high pressure and low pressure side of the system. Judging on that, it tells you whether the compressor is bad etc.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

So you ask for advice, good advice is given, and you ignore it and do what you want anyway. Why did you even bother wasting our time by asking?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:14 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by jaqattack02
So you ask for advice, good advice is given, and you ignore it and do what you want anyway. Why did you even bother wasting our time by asking?
what he said
Old 05-18-2013, 06:19 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: hey guys newbie here with 2 questions to start :)

Originally Posted by beachbumtroy
i plan on doing just that but as i said i just got the truck,so i went and bought a can of freon with the dye mixed in to do what the shops going to do anyway and this way i hope to see any leaks or maybe it just needs freon,hopeing lol but thnx so low line is the smaller one with the blue cap then right? thnx troy
The problem with the leak is more than it just letting out Refrigerant, it's letting in moisture, and an eye drop of moisture can ruin your shit.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:51 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE STRAT'S

Old 05-18-2013, 08:09 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by ufctapout
YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE STRAT'S

This seems to be the case. Here ya go buddy!

Old 05-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

Strats?

smoke mid fake cat drop lower and walk into B
Old 05-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

i plan on doing what he said isnt ignoring his advice as to the good advice thnx as to the rest i see i wasted my time and urs case closed a/c fixed thnx to chevy site and the little help here

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
Strats?

smoke mid fake cat drop lower and walk into B

Quick Reply: hey guys newbie here with 2 questions to strat :)