Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Hey audio-junkies, help me price an amp

Old 12-23-2004, 11:32 AM
Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Hey audio-junkies, help me price an amp

I got a Viper 1200.1 monoblock amp that I bought a while back for the Poopra's system. I only used it for a while. I am the second owner of the amp. Many people can vouch for the amps functionality, anyone who ever heard me turn up the stereo in the old Supra heard said amp in action.

Anyway, the bad news is that these amps had these quick-disconnect plugs for easy removal and installation....the thing is, I think I might have left them in the Supra when I sold it while back, because I can't find them. I'm still looking, but our house is in havoc thanks to the recent flooding, so all is disorganized. If I don't find them and can't figure out how to order them, I think I'm partially screwed.

So anyway, before I make the ebay ad, or the FS thread all over the forums, I'd like to know where I should set my goals. I'm posting this here because most of the FS junkies don't venture this far and will probably be none the wiser. So be honest. This is my "MerF's DSLR fundraiser" money here.

CLIFFNOTES: Estimated FS price on a used Viper 1200.1 monoblock amp, and need to know how to reorder connector plugs for it (is this made by DEI?)
Old 12-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hey audio-junkies, help me price an amp

How about a new plug kit for it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V
Old 12-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Ghost

You rock. I e-mailed the dude and asked if he would just ship directly to whoever buys my amp...or I'll just buy them and wait to sell. I dunno.

I heart you.

Now....what's it worth? I'm guessing I could hopefully get $350-400?

Last edited by MerF; 12-23-2004 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:42 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

"Viper Audio d1200.1 This was an impulse buy, I have been looking for Viper Audio for a long time, and couldn't resist the price. It is a factory direct refurb, with 90 day warantee. It comes with box, plugs, and warantee, no bass nob, or manual. $225+shipping"

http://www.cardomain.com/item/DEI46016

List Price: $780.00
Our Price: $679.95
Sale! $299.95

Aren't you military folk supposed to have initiative? www.google.com

And its "Audiophiles" - bitch.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it depends on how much it retails for if still available or how much it cost when new. I searched a bit and cant find any currently for sale. I am 95% sure the line has been discontinued and is now owned by Directed car audio, who now owns like 1/2% of the audio companies out there. I would say a reasonable amount to expect to get for it would be 1/2 of what you paid for it.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Ghost

I did a google, but there was too much crap to weed thorugh for my lazy ass. There was even a FS thread in dragva archives that showed up. I chuckeld at that.

JUST ADDED THIS INTO THE FUNDRAISING!

So I guess I'm gonna start at $250 with no reserve on eBay, maybe even a Buy it now of $350 just for S&G...
Old 12-23-2004, 12:52 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Id do buy it now for 400 or so, car audio isnt like computers.. most of the OLD shit is far better then all of the new commercialized crap

I have no idea about Viper, but it seemed somewhat sought after. I wasn't even aware they made audio back then. DEI ruined the audio industry.

Most of the stuff I get is Eclipse, the old soundstream D's, old MMATS.. etc

Image dynamics rocks too.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Ghost

MMATS is the shit. The Pres of the company (Melbourne florida) was one of my childhood friends' uncle. We had some serious hook-ups as HS kids in rednec county, Florida.

Thanks for the tip. I guess if it doesn't go, I can re-list for less.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:01 PM
hostgator.com

Yeah I lived in Melbourne then in Cocoa Beach before I ended up here
Old 12-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Ghost

Kick-ass.