Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Help Stop the Ban on Radar Dedetectors!

Old 08-21-2009, 05:49 AM
S*A*G*E AUTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getsidewaysd1 is a jewel in the roughgetsidewaysd1 is a jewel in the roughgetsidewaysd1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Help Stop the Ban on Radar Dedetectors!

This will only take maybe 3 minutes of you time and might be worth it. Plus you can leave a funny comment. The National Motorists Association has set up an online petition at its website www.stoptheban.org to accept signatures from those who oppose Virginia's ban against radar detectors. We have seen increased interest recently in Virginia to change the law.

Spread the word to all you know; it will take a grassroots effort to gather enough signatures to grab the attention of state politicians. With a significant number of signatures on the petition, we will make sure it is delivered to key politicians with a commensurate amount of publicity.

Remember that the November elections are not that far away. Now is the time to sign up to fight the ban of radar detectors in Virginia.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: Help Stop the Ban on Radar Dedetectors!

Stop speeding? And I thought they were already illegal in VA.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:55 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Stop speeding? And I thought they were already illegal in VA.
VA and DC.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:56 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

hopefully this petition works as good as the 15,000 previous petitions!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:56 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

I for one like the no radar detector rule.

That way people who are idiots doing 100+ on the highway don't have a forewarning that they are about t lose their license.

I say keep the law.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:03 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Anyone realize that in a 20 minute drive, doing 20 over the speed limit will get you to your destination only like 2 minutes earlier, if that? And on long trips, major highways, I always find some idiot doin 20 over which usually allows me to comfortably do 10 to 15 over during a 6 hour drive. And if I get pulled, I risked it, I deserve it.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:05 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

So I guess the other 48 states are all populated by idiots because they don't have this BS law? Right.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:10 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BentValve
So I guess the other 48 states are all populated by idiots because they don't have this BS law? Right.
I'll buy that.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:11 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by BentValve
I think you meant 49.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:12 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

i don't believe radar detectors should be legal. it just allows you to do whatever you want, then when the thing beeps, you slow down, pass the cop, and keep doing whatever you want.