Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: What type of pearl
White
37.93%
Blue
31.03%
Green
3.45%
Pea Green
6.90%
Gold
20.69%
Bronze
0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Help with choosing a pearl

Old 06-03-2004, 10:57 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx
Default Help with choosing a pearl

I have the 2003 arrival blue on my accord right now, and i want to add a pearl to it...
Old 06-03-2004, 11:08 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Help with choosing a pearl

want to show us a picture of it?
Old 06-03-2004, 11:38 PM
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Dara is an unknown quantity at this point

my vote's blue... don't get too obnoxious with it your car's nice already
Old 06-03-2004, 11:40 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

thats the best i have.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:02 AM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

i think alittle gold or bronze over the blue would look good.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:10 PM
White Lightning

sho taurus is an unknown quantity at this point

i have white with fine satin blue pearl all dupont and i have the chroma premier #2 clear coat.the clear coat cost more than the base and pearl combined.go to mattox paint finishes in newport news and they will set you up with your supplies
Old 06-04-2004, 03:18 PM

Phade is an unknown quantity at this point

be careful with pearl.
#1 they are hard to match/blend if you are ever forced to repair the car.
# 2 many times you can create an unfortunate by product with a pearl application, as sometimes the colors can show a "mixing" hue. like adding pearl to a red often shows a "pink" or "purple" overtone.

But done right...it looks really nice. Like black with a gold or bronze pearl...wow.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:02 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Don't do that bullshit different color pearl over your existing base coat. You have no idea how many people want me to paint their cars doing that and i tell them they all look like ass. I have pictures, none that can be uploaded though. If your intrested in a pearl, stick with a blue. Black pearl? Nothing looks better than a pearl that looks like dirt all over your basecoat

Also, dont go to mattox....tell me what you want if your intrested. I can get you anything and everything cheaper than those fuckers.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:40 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord
Don't do that bullshit different color pearl over your existing base coat. You have no idea how many people want me to paint their cars doing that and i tell them they all look like ass. I have pictures, none that can be uploaded though. If your intrested in a pearl, stick with a blue. Black pearl? Nothing looks better than a pearl that looks like dirt all over your basecoat

Also, dont go to mattox....tell me what you want if your intrested. I can get you anything and everything cheaper than those fuckers.
The guy who is repainting my car used to be Head Paintman and Bruce's here in chesterfield....He is also gonna help me choose a pearl...he has done some of the phattest paint jobs i have ever seen. I going dupont paint all the way...and i got a huge ass discount on that shit....now if you wanna hook me up with some fine line tape and all the prep shit...im in.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:50 PM
White Lightning

sho taurus is an unknown quantity at this point

nate are you saying you mix the pearl in with the base?or if not how do you shoot pearl if you don't do base then pearl then clear?and as for prices i payed well base was free,pearl i payed $120 and chromo #2 i payed $275

Quick Reply: Help with choosing a pearl