Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

had some shit happen last night need help

Old 09-15-2007, 08:05 AM
cubs 4 life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default had some shit happen last night need help

So last night after 2 weeks i finally got my poor mans type r in the car get it all back together and head out,everything was running fine no problems. I met up with some friends and we decided to go out to odu well we get all the way over to norfolk in front of the mcx corner of meriditth and terminal. As i was driving i hit a nice size pot hole and it broke my lower ball joint so needless to say i had to have it towed home. Right before i got it towed a cop came and asked what happen and i told her i had hit a pot hole and it broke my suspension so she took my name n license plate number and said she would write it down in her notes.
My ?? is can i get my car fixed by the city of norfolk and if so who do i have to call to get it fixed.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: had some shit happen last night need help

If there was proof, and a police officer stopped and took notes about it...why not.

Would be cool though, and they should keep up with that shit.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of

The ball joint came apart, shit
Old 09-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

dohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these parts

Had this happen and was told if the pot hole hadnt been reported, your shit outta luck.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

If you have altered suspension, I wouldn't expect any compensation.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Tattoo man

93civicgone has disabled reputation

yeah they will pay but if your suspension is altered you get nothing, if they didnt notice you had altered suspension swap it out with stock shit before you call, and you should go take pics of the pothole
Old 09-15-2007, 07:05 PM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Originally Posted by 93civicgone
yeah they will pay but if your suspension is altered you get nothing, if they didnt notice you had altered suspension swap it out with stock shit before you call, and you should go take pics of the pothole
Thats sounds like a lot of work when all he needs to do is put a new ball joint in...
Old 09-15-2007, 09:45 PM
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation

i have stock suspension so no worries and imma need more thna just a ball join i need ball join half shaft and lower control arm
Old 09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

I hate road conditions out here. I would rather pay toll then put up with that kind of shit. Any of you notice the "speedbump" on 64east right after the HOV entrance in Norfolk? Roads here are a joke for real. I wish they had fixed them up rather than put those stupid hurricane things up everywhere.

Sorry to hear about that man and I hope you can get it worked out and enjoy the new motor soon.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:35 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

The city should pay you for it. I read a big article in a rim magazine on how to get your rim paid for if you dent it on potholes...cant find it though. Basically if its a city road and its negligent on being fixed they will pay. Might take a while though.

Quick Reply: had some shit happen last night need help