Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

GTi 1.8T/Supercharger swap

Old 08-31-2003, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default GTi 1.8T/Supercharger swap

One of my friends works with some stupid kid that has a GTi with a 1.8t motor. He claims he is having the turbo removed and having a supercharger installed instead.

I know little to nothing about 1.8t's, but does that sound like a normal thing to do? Are there aftermarket S/C's for a Vw that really put out enough power to warrant the $3,000+ swap? To me it sounds like a really stupid thing to do, a waste of money, and possibly more trouble then power gain.

And supposidly he isnt fully joking. He claims the car is having the work done RIGHT NOW. I guess i'll have to wait a few weeks (as he said) to find out if its true or not.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:07 PM
hybrid hatch

totaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these parts

i dont know anything about vw's either, but to me it makes more sense to take that 3k+ and put it back into the turbo motor.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

93Accord2.2 is an unknown quantity at this point

werd...
Old 08-31-2003, 02:44 PM
ECR
Bow Down

ECR is on a distinguished road

NO there is not a SC kit for the new 1.8T motors. He is full of shit. and yes it would be a waste. what a fucking idiot
Old 08-31-2003, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally posted by ECRinDUB
NO there is not a SC kit for the new 1.8T motors. He is full of shit. and yes it would be a waste. what a fucking idiot
You just made my day..hahahaha. Awesome.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:57 PM
EMF S2K

jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy
Default Re: GTi 1.8T/Supercharger swap

Originally posted by FlodaSE-R
One of my friends works with some stupid kid that has a GTi with a 1.8t motor. He claims he is having the turbo removed and having a supercharger installed instead.

I know little to nothing about 1.8t's, but does that sound like a normal thing to do? Are there aftermarket S/C's for a Vw that really put out enough power to warrant the $3,000+ swap? To me it sounds like a really stupid thing to do, a waste of money, and possibly more trouble then power gain.

And supposidly he isnt fully joking. He claims the car is having the work done RIGHT NOW. I guess i'll have to wait a few weeks (as he said) to find out if its true or not.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:15 PM

Z3R02S1XTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GTi 1.8T/Supercharger swap

Originally posted by FlodaSE-R

Those two words answer your question for you.

I hate posers...
Old 08-31-2003, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

nate95sir is an unknown quantity at this point

that is a bunch of bs that would be stupid as hell to put a sc on a turbo motor you could get way more boost out of a turbo than an sc
Old 08-31-2003, 07:33 PM
4 to go

Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary

but it would be so <i>original</I>
Old 08-31-2003, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Hey, I call them as i see them. I was taking my lack of knowledge of VW's and giving this kid the 1% chance of making sense. But in the end im glad my gut feeling was right. He is a fucking moron. End of story. Fin.

Quick Reply: GTi 1.8T/Supercharger swap