Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Growing up.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Logic is my religion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld
Default Growing up.

Well I decided today, Im tired of working on my daily drivers, and spending tons of money, just to get something that is a little faster, but no fun to drive. Im selling my Mazdaspeed Protege, and getting a G-35. Goodbye fwd, and no cruise controll. Hello Rwd, and heated leather seats. I can just put on some nice wheels, a good deck, and a decent tint, and it will be perfect. Guess Im just growing up.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:35 PM
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Growing up.

speeds dont have cc that sucks does it have decent power i have always wanted one
Old 02-01-2007, 06:42 PM
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

thats a nice upgrade man! i know for me going from fwd to rwd was an awesome upgrade.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

nello a. has disabled reputation

its all about what you want
Old 02-02-2007, 06:45 AM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
speeds dont have cc that sucks does it have decent power i have always wanted one
Its a great little car, I like it, I just really want a little more luxury, and rwd in my daily-driver. The power is pretty good, it feels very much to me like an integra type r that my friend used to have. It makes 170 stock. I put in a perrin intake and an upgraded intercooler, and had the ecu reflashed. I guessing that its around 190ish. Thats what comparable setups are turning on a dyno-jet anyway. It doesnot comewith cruise controll, but I have heard that you can add it with amodule from the protege 5,or maybe it was the Japan market Familia.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:50 AM
wheels up bitches

Z-Rated Z-Rated

so you went ahead and spent more money for something just as slow and are still gonna be spending money modifying it? I dont really see how you're coming ahead minus the heated seats.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:14 AM
Pimpin teh stockness

blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5

Originally Posted by Z-Rated
so you went ahead and spent more money for something just as slow and are still gonna be spending money modifying it? I dont really see how you're coming ahead minus the heated seats.

and isn't the z smaller inside and less practical? less practical /= growing up?
Growing up would be buying a 4 door accord hybrid lol..

A g would be a nice choice though, post pics when you get it.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:27 AM
car 4 all situations

wylegt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
SRT4s don't have cruise control either.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Logic is my religion

Originally Posted by Z-Rated
A, I havnt gotten anything yet
B, Although the G35 is faster than my protege (Go on ahead, ask me how I know), its not really about how fast it is.
C, The G is nicer in more ways than just the leather, If it was just about leather seats, than I would just put some into my protege.
D, the whole point is that I wouldnt have to modify it.

Originally Posted by SERious
and isn't the z smaller inside and less practical? less practical /= growing up?
Growing up would be buying a 4 door accord hybrid lol..

A g would be a nice choice though, post pics when you get it.
Who said anything about a Z? I was talking about a G35. I love Z's but I remember what it was like having a 2 seater as the only car from my MR2 days. I may just keep the Speed, and get G later (like this september). It really depends on how much I can get for the Speed. Have to admit it would be nice to have the Speed as a daily, and a G or even a z as a weekend ride.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:03 AM

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

A G35 would definitely be a nice upgrade.
What color are you planning on getting?
Coupe or sedan?