Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Greets and Question

Old 12-28-2006, 11:34 PM
︻╦╤─

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk
Default Greets and Question

Greets all.

Never been too damn talented doing the introduction posts. Name is Jason, moved from Georgia now living in Norfolk.

Have a 00 Si, had a hatch (could pull only one vehicle behind the Penske and yes I chose the coupe - it's more kid friendly) which I need to yank the engine out of. Apparently though, military housing doesn't care or tolerate any type of work on cars. So, what I probably should have done before I left (didn't really think there would be an issue here) I now have to find a place to do it here in the Hampton Roads area.

1. Anyone happen to know of a place where you can store and work on a car? I've got all my own tools to do the job, have a hoist w/balancer, engine stand, etc. Just need a place to pull it to send it off.

2. Anyone happen to have an ODB2 B16 laying around to put in this thing while the other one is being built (and to use as a spare during the "oops, shit that sucks" times? lol)

Appreciate it in advance all and glad to be here, seems the scene is active here, though a search did show some busting going on on 564 a few months ago (cant remember the date but it was this year) street racing. Not sure if I like that but.. also, I guess a third question: Where is the nearest 1/4 or 1/8 mile?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:45 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Greets and Question

I take it your a 757 Local?

If so, welcome. People are friendly and I'm sure you'll find someone you can count on to let you work on your car.

I live with my parents so alas I cannot lend you a spot in my garage.

Your going to build the B16? If so, to what extent? You'd probably be better off getting a LS or B20 bottom end and doing a build.

And about 564. Yah, since that, the scene has died a little bit. We all still get up every once in a blue moon but it has to be a nice day out. I.E.-Not cold as hell

Also, about the track.

Closest 1/8th mile is Hertford County/Elizabeth City 1/8th mile track
Closest 1/4 mile is up near Petersburg in Dinwiddie County. VMP(Virginia Motorsports Park) or we have another one in Richmond. I've been to VMP and its nice. Alot of people say richmond isn't as nice as far as the track goes.

Anyways, welcome. What part are you located in?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:43 AM
︻╦╤─

Yes, see, far from an expert on the introduction thang.

In the 757 area, correct.

Not much interested in torque, had that fun with the GSR in the hatch. Want to keep a B16 in her since that's what she came with.

As for the build, I should have said re-assembled, as that would come across more accurate to what it is going to happen to it.

Hows the 1/8th mile hook up? Any idea?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:47 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by DeFunk
Hows the 1/8th mile hook up? Any idea?
I tend to think it hooks better than the 1/4 mile track.

The 1/8th mile is a little more domestic than Import. I've NEVER had any problems getting runs in down there though and everyone is as nice as ever. My stepdad likes to go down there because of the track. He and all his friends say it hooks better.

I had better 60's down at the 1/8th than I did at the 1/4 track. (but it was two different setups I'm comparing)
Old 12-29-2006, 01:21 AM
︻╦╤─

Good deal then. Once its rebuilt and sale these smaller slicks for bigger ones, I'll give the 1/8th a try then.

I just took notice of the "757" forum, my apologies moderators/admins for not posting this thread in there.