Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

good wheels and coilovers??

Old 11-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmh22honda has disabled reputation
Default good wheels and coilovers??

Looking for ideas on wheels for a fa5 its black so not really looking for black wheels looking to be around 2200 for wheels and coilovers any suggestion ??
Old 11-25-2014, 06:12 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: good wheels and coilovers??

Couldn't you just look through a list of all the wheels that would fit your car and then choose a set that you like? None of us are you and so we don't know what you like. If you want suggestions then at least provide us with a small taste of what cars and styles you like. Without that we might as well just post every Civic ever fitted with aftermarket wheels.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:34 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Whats a FA5

Faggotfive?
I'll admit I had to google FA5. There's a few codes that should be recognizable to enthusiasts. S13, S14, S15, E30, E36, E46, EF, EG, EK, NA, NB, NC, AW11, SW20, GC, GD, FC, FD, AE86, etc. Most of those are common knowledge. Using the chassis code as shorthand really only works if everyone understands the shorthand.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:01 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

LOL @ $2200 for both.

A good set of wheels (in at LEAST a 17x8 to fit that car) are going to be $1500-1800...unless you buy some knockoff heavyweight garbage.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:46 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

XXR wheels and Raceland coilovers by that budget
Old 11-26-2014, 04:51 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

FYI, for all you "wheel and coilover experts".... I have legit 3 piece wheels on my car in 18X9/10 and good coilvers and spent about $2K.

It can be done.

HOWEVER... OP is a lazy fuck.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:11 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
FYI, for all you "wheel and coilover experts".... I have legit 3 piece wheels on my car in 18X9/10 and good coilvers and spent about $2K.

It can be done.

I'm sure that there are plenty of nice sets that can be had for his budget, but without an idea of what it is I'm supposed to be looking for (does he want to track this, stance it, just lower it and keep it usable?, Does OP have an EX, LX, or Si because apparently it matters, and should more of the budget go toward coils or wheels?) this is a fool's errand. OP's car has a lot of aftermarket support. He could pretty much pick whatever it is he wants.

OP, for coilovers check Raceland Ultimos for cheap coilovers, but be aware that you get what you pay for (~$400). If you're looking to spend a little bit more go for Megan Racing EZ Streets (although they don't fit Si) for ~$800. Another set that may be better quality is the H&R Street Performance Coilover (~$980). I'll caution you about making buying decisions based solely on price. Everyone here has done it at some point and they'll all tell you that it rarely works out in the long run.

As for wheels there are way too many sets and styles to mention here, but depending on how much of your budget you spend on coils you're looking at about $250 a corner. If you can try to find something at AutoAnything.com so that you can stretch that budget by spending it all on your wheels rather than shipping. Given what I've read on forums you want to keep the offset high and close to stock (mid 30s to mid 40s) and as a personal recommendation although up to 20s are confirmed to fit I'd go with something more conservative to keep it feeling sporty.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:59 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

Originally Posted by jdmh22honda
Looking for ideas on wheels for a fa5 its black so not really looking for black wheels looking to be around 2200 for wheels and coilovers any suggestion ??
Do you have any more info what you are referring to ?
Old 11-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

It can be done.

I guess he didn't specify he wanted them to be good looking wheels...in this case...I guess it could be under 2k.

Oh burn...

<3
Old 11-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

It can be done.

Used parts are used. Just the tires for my 18s ran me nearly $800 with my wholesale account.

Quick Reply: good wheels and coilovers??