Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

good deal on a 350z?

Old 04-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these parts
Default good deal on a 350z?

for anyone who can help or knows more about Z's than i do...i found a white 03 with 40,000 miles on it...dealer said $18,000 for it. just wondering if that's decent? everything else i have seen that an 03 with 40,000 or less miles on it has been going for $22-25k. thanks for the advice in advance.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:48 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: good deal on a 350z?

wow, thats an incredible deal from a dealer, so your getting fucked, theres gotta be something wrong with it
Old 04-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Registered member

whiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these parts

only reason they are selling for so low is b/c previous owner took stock spoiler off and the holes need to be filled. als the stock bumpers need to be put back on right b/c the previous owner had a body kit on it and just threw the stocks back on with zip ties. so basically the dealer said they'd throw the screws for the bumpers in and i got a guy who can get the holes filled for me at his body shop for a good price. drove it and the engine sounds good and feels good. steering is good, clutch still feels strong. so i wasn't seeing anything really wrong with it.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:28 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by 99vicEX
only reason they are selling for so low is b/c previous owner took stock spoiler off and the holes need to be filled. als the stock bumpers need to be put back on right b/c the previous owner had a body kit on it and just threw the stocks back on with zip ties. so basically the dealer said they'd throw the screws for the bumpers in and i got a guy who can get the holes filled for me at his body shop for a good price. drove it and the engine sounds good and feels good. steering is good, clutch still feels strong. so i wasn't seeing anything really wrong with it.

well remember if it seems to good to be true, then it usally is. but hey, relly id jump on the deal, and if it doesnt work out, sell it
Old 04-23-2007, 03:53 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 99vicEX
you are not seeing it now, chances are if he has all that stiff on that they are telling you about. they are giving you the tip of the iceburg to make you trust them. id say leave it and spend a little more and not go through the hassle.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:25 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by RightDiddy
you are not seeing it now, chances are if he has all that stiff on that they are telling you about. they are giving you the tip of the iceburg to make you trust them. id say leave it and spend a little more and not go through the hassle.

i've actually seen it and the fixes to it seem minor...but i'm gonna hold off and see if i can't get a newer one...thanks guys i appreciate all the help.

if there is anything that i need to look for when checking these out could someone please let me know. thanks again.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:29 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

what im saying is there amy be problems you can see, or that are hidden, covered up. My suggestion take it for a test and take it to a budyd or if you hav eyour own mechanic and have them check it out throughly. Basically get a PPI, its well worth the money for the long road.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:16 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

I would recommend getting the extended warranty.

I have gotten a new motor and a couple of transmissions with it.

A few Z's have oil burning issues because of bad exhaust valve seals and with out the cats you will see the large amount of smoke coming from the exhaust.

The cars do have some transmission issues, but some have never had a problem. Recently my 5th gear synchro started to go and while at the track it went completly. I got a new one with no questions asked.

Just make sure all the warranty work and TSB's are done and you should be ok. I guess the only way to find out about the oil issue with a used car, would be to pull the stock cats off and see if it smokes or not.

My original motor was going through a quart of oil every 500 miles. No problems with the new one. Like I said, this is a small problem but it is not model year specific.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered member

thanks alot guys i really appreciate all of this info

Originally Posted by RightDiddy
what im saying is there amy be problems you can see, or that are hidden, covered up. My suggestion take it for a test and take it to a budyd or if you hav eyour own mechanic and have them check it out throughly. Basically get a PPI, its well worth the money for the long road.
yeah i hear that man...i'll definitely see if i can't get that done when i go back up there. thanks alot for you help i really appreciate it.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Banned

M3-DIS is an unknown quantity at this point

It's an OK deal. That car was probably bought at auction for 12K.

Quick Reply: good deal on a 350z?