Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Good classes/books/articles to learn more about Euro engine/tuning/service? (VW&Audi)

Old 03-15-2011, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond repute
Question Good classes/books/articles to learn more about Euro engine/tuning/service? (VW&Audi)

I've been wanting to basically teach myself more about VWs, Audis, and euros in general lately, and I'm deciding it's time to get off my ass and actually do it.

What are some decent books or articles I should look into getting, or maybe somewhere that does the classes on weekends or nights? (Checked TCC's catalog, I'm not having much luck with make-specific automotive training.)
Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: Good classes/books/articles to learn more about Euro engine/tuning/service? (VW&A

Not sure about classes..Best thing is to buy one and work on it, and for books http://www.amazon.com/ do a search for what you want
Old 03-15-2011, 10:14 AM

Jake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond reputeJake. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good classes/books/articles to learn more about Euro engine/tuning/service? (VW&A

I didn't even think about checking amazon for books, thanks.

I know the basics and I just got a 2005 1.8t GTI not too long ago, been showing myself as much as I can, I just wanna learn enough to be able to install/remove parts & any mods I choose to do in the future.

Including certain maintenance.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

I believe car quest has some night classes that are pretty cheap. Not sure if they are just for mechanics working at businesses but you could call up there and ask them. Think its like $100 per month and they are in va. beach on weeknights.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM
C.R.E.A.M

Get ya a Bentley manual breh

http://www.partsplaceinc.com/product...-419&sku=19858
Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by DOOM
My buddy told me about these a long time ago, and I couldn't remember what it was called to save my life.

&

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DOOM again.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:26 AM
C.R.E.A.M

Originally Posted by Jake.
My buddy told me about these a long time ago, and I couldn't remember what it was called to save my life.

&

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DOOM again.
It will be an essential investment and will save you from many headaches/throwing tools across the yard etc
Old 03-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Vatican Assassin

MissmyE30 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DOOM
YES! Fucking Bentleys have saved my ass many a time.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 PM
C.R.E.A.M

Originally Posted by MissmyE30
YES! Fucking Bentleys have saved my ass many a time.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:05 AM
The Cat's Meow

And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic

mkv-gti.net - has some how to's
golfmkv.com - usually, you can find write ups or information
volkswagenownersclub.com - has how to's and DIY

i dont particulary navigate or contribute to these sites, but when in a pinch, its good to have in your favorites. I also agree with a Bentley manual. Somtimes the manual doesnt have a picture or speaks in mechanics language and you may not understand, thats where write ups and DIY can help.

Quick Reply: Good classes/books/articles to learn more about Euro engine/tuning/service? (VW&Audi)