Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Going through with the swap, Suggestions?

Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JMUVirus has disabled reputation
Question Going through with the swap, Suggestions?

Ight guys so I have decided to go through with the auto to manual swap on my 2000 Acura Integra LS.

I've done all kinds of research and all that good stuff, and YES i do know that I should just sell my car and get a manual, so if thats what you have to say then stay off my thread.

I am thinking it is going to be a fun summer project which is why I am doing it. I enjoy working on my car so selling it is the easy way out.

Basically I am looking for any suggestions about this swap and I want to hear some stories from people who have done it. The easiest/fastests way, things to look out for, places to get the parts for cheap, etc...

Preferably just post on the thread not trying to have my inbox blow up. Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 09:03 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK
Default Re: Going through with the swap, Suggestions?

Originally Posted by JMUVirus
Ight guys so I have decided to go through with the auto to manual swap on my 2000 Acura Integra LS.

I've done all kinds of research and all that good stuff, and YES i do know that I should just sell my car and get a manual, so if thats what you have to say then stay off my thread.

I am thinking it is going to be a fun summer project which is why I am doing it. I enjoy working on my car so selling it is the easy way out.

Basically I am looking for any suggestions about this swap and I want to hear some stories from people who have done it. The easiest/fastests way, things to look out for, places to get the parts for cheap, etc...

Preferably just post on the thread not trying to have my inbox blow up. Thanks
. JUST SAYIN'.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

Basically I am looking for any suggestions about this swap and I want to hear some stories from people who have done it. The easiest/fastests way, things to look out for, places to get the parts for cheap, etc...Preferably just post on the thread not trying to have my inbox blow up. Thanks
BUY ANOTHER CAR?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rallen.
BUY ANOTHER CAR?
Not that easy no one wants an automatic for the price that I am trying to sell it for. I would rather save the money and swap it. It wont take me long to save the money and I have access to a shop that has endless tools whenever I would like. Plus I would rather say I did it myself than say I bought it from someone. Just my personality
Old 03-17-2011, 09:08 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Why not do an engine swap? I think taking the car apart just for the gain of it being a manual (nothing performance related) is lame.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:09 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

Not that easy no one wants an automatic for the price that I am trying to sell it for. I would rather save the money and swap it. It wont take me long to save the money and I have access to a shop that has endless tools whenever I would like. Plus I would rather say I did it myself than say I bought it from someone. Just my personality
Old 03-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DOOM
Why not do an engine swap? I think taking the car apart just for the gain of it being a manual (nothing performance related) is lame.
Well I am thinking about doing that to but I have done that before, so I dont really need any advice on it. And also I am thinking about doing that next summer. Im in college yo, dont have money like that to go just buy a new tranny and motor. 1 step at a time. Cant get the new motor until the car is a manual. Having an automaitc GSR would be even more lame.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:30 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Modifying a Honda is lame.
fixed
Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Layin Frame

dirty c has disabled reputation

i have done 10 of them and the one i daily. all you have to do is bolt the clutch pedal assembly and clutch resevoir to the holes that are already there. un bolt the brake pedal and put in the smaller 5 spd brake pedal.run you a clutch line from resevoir to slave cylinder. also you need to buy the auto to manual top tranny bracket and rear t bracket . Once you have all the parts wont take but an hour or so. when you remove the automatic shifter and the plate it bolts to you will have the holes where youre shift linkages bolt to.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Not that easy no one wants an automatic for the price that I am trying to sell it for.
So does that mean that the price is too high...?

Quick Reply: Going through with the swap, Suggestions?