Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Go green cars with assloads of savings.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these parts
Default Go green cars with assloads of savings.

Love how they are pushing the Volt cause it's going to "pay for itself in the long run"

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...or-hybrid.html

If you're thinking about buying a fuel-efficient hybrid, electric or otherwise eco-friendly vehicle as a way to save money over time, do your homework — or be prepared to wait.

Buyers who choose Nissan's all-electric Leaf ($28,421) over its approximate gas-powered equivalent, Nissan's Versa ($18,640), will likely wait nearly 9 years until they break even, according to a new report by The New York Times that examines the cost of fuel efficiency.

For drivers of the Chevrolet Volt ($31,767), the wait is even longer— 26.6 years.

A few vehicles begin paying off relatively soon after leaving the dealership. Two hybrids— Toyota's Prius ($23,537) and Lincoln's MKZ ($33,887)— as well as Volkswagen's diesel-powered Jetta TDI ($25,242) all take less than two years before they start saving their owners money.

Check out this chart by the Times that breaks down the savings delay for many popular fuel-efficient models.

The high price tag of many fuel-efficient vehicles — including the Nissan Leaf, which will soon be made in Smyrna, Tenn. — is one reason consumers have yet to embrace them with open arms.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/05/bu...ewanted=1&_r=2
Old 04-06-2012, 03:32 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Go green cars with assloads of savings.

VW Dealership is offering me 20% over KBB to buy my 9yr old TDI due to high demand.

Diesels have much higher resale value than gas counterparts, so the engine upgrade is definitely worth it.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Banned

FatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these parts

Yeah if I was to buy a new car, I would opt for a TDI for a DD and road trips.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:46 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

Originally Posted by FatDakLove
Yeah if I was to buy a new car, I would opt for a TDI for a DD and road trips.
X2
Old 04-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Yep. Driving to Fayetteville tomorrow. Will thoroughly enjoy getting 46-47 mpg via 2010 tdi.

I'm confused why a turbo diesel isn't the green car of choice. Cheaper to make, cheaper to buy, comparable mpg. I mean hell, it cost <28k with leather, sunroof, heated seats, comfortable ride, touch screen stereo, etc. That's hard to beat for the money.

Although, I learned the hard way about putting gas in a diesel. Most embarrassing $8k mistake I will never make again.

Last edited by buugiewuugie; 04-06-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:05 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

I think it will still be quite a while before the US market has more diesels on the road. Overseas, diesel is the majority it seems. The diesel tech has come SUCH a long way in the past decade.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:12 AM
typesb4thinking

nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3

Old 04-06-2012, 04:17 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

smaller diesel engines stateside would be great. f150 with a diesel would be a game changer, or even bringing back the little ranger pickup with a small diesel.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by nosediv3

That pic looks like an ad. I had to check to see if I was logged in.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:23 AM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon

I love that there are so many fuel efficient and hybrid alternatives. Leaves more gas for me and my 3.5 liter.

Quick Reply: Go green cars with assloads of savings.