Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

GILLIGAN/DREAMWORKS FOR THOSE WHO CARE.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts
Default GILLIGAN/DREAMWORKS FOR THOSE WHO CARE.

**UPDATE**
the shop (dreamworks) has been sold to doug bailey.he has a new crew on hand along with an in house airbrush artist.i hated to let it go,but i had no choice as the people i had in charge could not handle the resposibility or stay in contact with me.it was either sell cheap or lose everything.all those long hours to build something for the future seem really pointless right now.

im still in canada fighting to get back to my family,if anyone knows a good imigration lawyer in va beach,please let me know...or even better yet if anyone has connections with the congress or the senetor,see if they can pull some strings..any help would be greatly appreciated

anyone who feels like they got a raw deal in this,please contact me and ill see what i can do to make things right.trust that i did not intend for any of this to happen.

thanks,jeff martin

This is a bit of a long story so bear with me and any gramar errors.First of all I want to appologize for keeping everyone in the dark for so long and to any customers or friends this has affected negatively.The guys at the shop are not to blame as they only did what I asked of them by keeping things quiet as I thought for sure I would have been away for no more than 2 weeks,unfortunatly its been 3 months...and its far from over yet.

On september 11th 2007 at around 9 am ,I was starting my day at the shop by making a game plan for the day and making a few phone calls when I saw three vans and two cars with homeland security on the side pull up to my shop.To my surprise, Fifteen ICE agents swarmed my shop and told me I had to go with them.

Everyone who knows me well knows that I was born in Quebec,Canada.What most dont know is that I came to the states in the early eighties as a 7 year old boy,I was educated from the second grade up in the US.I moved all around until 1993 when I landed in Va Beach,VA wich has since become my home. My aunt and uncle offered to put me up so that I could finish high school and get on my feet.I attended Tallwood high and Va Beach vo-tech.In 1994 I was the top student in my auto body class so the school offered to send me to germany on a student exchange program to work at the bmw or mercedes plant.My paperwork was not in order so I missed my chance,but the school offered to send me the following if I got my travel documents in order by then.

The next year or so along with around 1500.00$ (alot of money for an 18 year old to come up with in 1994)was spent fighting immigration to get legal status. Somewhere along the line the paperwork got messed up and they cancelled my court date,apeals where filed but I did not have any money left to start the procedures over again.Around the same time I was kicked out of my aunts house because we were not getting along.I rented a room,finished high school and worked at a shop in chesapeake.I did not speak to my aunt for almost 2 years so I was not aware that the US government had issued an order of deportation for me in 1995.I did not go to Germany...

After graduating I stayed on at vo-tech for 4 years as a teachers assistant.In november 2002 I rented a small hole in the wall 900 square foot shop off of Diamond Springs road mainly as a hobby shop to work on my cars and friends cars.That was the start of the Dreamworks Customs some of you have come to know today.

Fast forward back to september 07.After being searched and fully shackled, I was thrown in the back of a van and driven to Richmond ,VA.I was then told that I had been ordered deported.In my ignorance at the time I thought for sure that after explaining my situation they would hold me for a few days and send me back home to Va Beach.

For those who care my situation is..
-I have a US citizen wife.
-I have a beautiful 5 year old little girl wich happens to be a full US citizen.
-I have been in the US for more than 25 years without any criminal convictions ,other than a few traffic violations(wich is about as american as it gets).
-I own and opperate a business wich employs 3 US citizens.
-All my education from the 2nd grade up was done in the US.
-I dont know Canadian geography,politics,history,economics,ect.The only thing I know is that it's cold and I dont belong there.

The ICE officers didnt care,they then sent me to Pamunkey regional jail in Hanover,VA where they assured me that no matter what happened ,I would only be there for a couple of weeks max either way.My people hired a lawer wich obviously did not help me much.

Two days ago on December 5th after almost 3 months locked in jail with minimal contact with my family,friends,or my shop,I was deported to Halifax,Nova Scotia in Canada many miles away from where my family was waiting for me in North Bay,Ontario.

I apologize again for any trouble or inconveniace this whole situation may have caused any Dreamworks Customs customers.Please understand that I had not planned for this to happen.The last 3 months have been pure hell.I miss my poeple dearly,I miss my little girl the most.I will hopefully be able to see her in a month or two,passports and finances permiting.This has put a great emotional and financial burden on all my people.The lawer bill alone is between 7000.00$ and 10,000$ as of this moment.

On a good note,I may not be at home in Va Beach ,but atleast Im free and will be able to start picking up the pieces and trying to get my life back together. Dreamworks Customs is still in operation and continues to do the same quality work.I wont be there for a while but rest assured that the guys are maintaining the shop.Any work you can send our way is greatly appreciated.I will answer any questions any of you might have via e-mail or pm as I can not afford phone calls from Canada at the moment.

Now Im fighting the system to re-enter the US legally.Anyone willing to help with letters of support, phone calls to politicians ,or any other way you may. Please Know that it will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Joeffrey M. Martin

Last edited by gilligan; 02-08-2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 12-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default Re: GILLIGAN/DREAMWORKS FOR THOSE WHO CARE.

Damn!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

Kyon Kyon Kyon

what a great way to waste out tax dollars. get 15 people to fuck with a harmless person trying to earn an honest living, and let those other illegal bastards drive drunk with their 2nd grade educations and kill people. god damn i hate american politics
Old 12-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

Hm.

Msg me with whatever I can do.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Titanic Survivor

Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones

Damn that's shitty.

Originally Posted by 2.0rabrit
what a great way to waste out tax dollars. get 15 people to fuck with a harmless person trying to earn an honest living, and let those other illegal bastards drive drunk with their 2nd grade educations and kill people. god damn i hate american politics
and +1 to that

Last edited by Cereal Jones; 12-07-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:02 PM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

see, if you would have just started a landscaping business and lived in a house with 20 other canadians you wouldn't be in this situation.....

Kidding man, I don't even know you, but this sounds like a shitty situation. I blame Bush.... he's an asshole.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Banned

Kyon Kyon Kyon

Originally Posted by yeldak99
I blame Bush.... he's an asshole.
its not exactly his fault. this whole country is going to shit.

we really need a person who will grab this countrys reigns and pull us back from this bull shit road we are going down. and i doubt it will be in the form of a revolution, because the usa has gotten too damn lazy. so either a couple countries will band together and invade, or we might get lucky and get a president worth a damn
Old 12-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Good luck Jeff.

You are wayyyyy to good of a guy to be dealing with this shit. You have never ceased to amaze me on the work you do, and the commitment you put into it, as well as the high quality worksmanship you have your employees do.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:33 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

holy shit dude... good luck. i really hope this shit clears up for you.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Site Founder

sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung

geez. i wanna write your story.

Quick Reply: GILLIGAN/DREAMWORKS FOR THOSE WHO CARE.