Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

getting the whip lowered

Old 05-08-2004, 09:28 PM
I Sell Tires

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel
Default getting the whip lowered

I seriously need to lower my car asap but i only have enough money for lowering springs right now. should i get them now or wait till i get shocks too (KYG AGX). if i do put them on w\o new shocks what can i expect performance wise and what not?
Old 05-09-2004, 05:12 AM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts
Default Re: getting the whip lowered

that it will suck ass...u would benifit to buy them and just not have them put on yet....
Old 05-09-2004, 05:41 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

youll get the cornering (thats if the stock shocks are pretty new) but its gonna ride like a 2 dollar whore on nickel night....if your gonna do it, do it right. save up for everything at one time. if your balling on a budget and the drop isnt too dramatic, then get the KYB gray's...i think the real name is gr2 or soemthing like that. anyways ive had those and they do pretty well for the price
Old 05-09-2004, 05:46 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

Get Tein lowering springs, and some KYB AGX or KONI REDS. Suspension is the most import thing IMO, without you can't do anything..put power down to the ground, or even basic turns or advanced movement. I would save up and get a better set..I've seen used sets of HKS fullsetups go for like $800-900 which is a very good price, or a new set of the LOWER END tein/tanabe full setups very affordable $900-1100 new.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:57 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

_crs those are very good points and suggestions. but if he is asking if he should wait then he obviously doesnt have the income to support the 900.00 price tag on some of those kits. a basic sport spring and a nice shock will do fine for general handling etc. and dont forget if you get too crazy with the lowering your gonna have serious camber problems.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:36 AM
Slowest 240 EVER

ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03

I say if you can wait just wait for the agx me just s tech with gr2 not bad for regular driving...
Old 05-09-2004, 06:53 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

Tein S.tech springs are like $140.00 shipped, AGX's about $115 ea. for the fronts and $90 ea. for the rears. Front's are 4way adj. rears are 8way. GR2's are about 1/2 as much. Tokico blues run about $90 ea. for the fronts and $62 ea. for the rears. So all together your looking at around $500-600 for a complete spring/strut. I would go with the Tein S.techs and the AGX's. Just do them all at once so, you don't have to do the labor twice
Old 05-09-2004, 07:03 AM
I Sell Tires

Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel

aiight thanks, i'll wait on it
Old 05-10-2004, 02:56 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

get the setup jesus has: agx's and rs-r race springs. tein's spring rate blows cock.

s-tech : 3.2kg/2.9kg f/r
rs-r race: 5kg/4.5kg f/r

http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2mot...racsprin1.html

decide if you want camber plates for the front, too. get everything all together and then put it on the car... no sense wasting all that effort just to have to take it apart again.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:27 AM
I Sell Tires

u have a pic of how jesus' car looks? i wanna see how low of a profile it has

PS. speed bumps own my neighborhood, thats why i wanna make sure its not too too low

Last edited by Spike_Spiegel; 05-10-2004 at 03:30 AM.

Quick Reply: getting the whip lowered