Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Getting my first DD during or after the school year.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tedskiii has disabled reputation
Default Getting my first DD during or after the school year.

Hello well this is my second thread about getting my first car. Right now I have about 1k cash saved up, and rising. I know I defanitly am going to need more before I can even think about looking for a whip. But most people who are in my school that are ready to get a car always think about modding their first car, like body kits, turbo an all that stuff.. I was thinking why waste your money on stuff like that on your first car, and only car.

I was thinking about making mine a fun little gas saver/project car. I would only add an intake system, mabey some nice rims, and drop it a little and just DD it, untill im out of school and decide to join the military. Then I can buy my dream car (93-95 Mazda Rx7) and really start modding it

I just wanted to know, Does anyone agree with me on that?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:27 PM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99
Default Re: Getting my first DD during or after the school year.

Buy something VW, TDI... and get a biodiesel kit (they are pretty cheap these days). Save on gas money.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Tedskiii has disabled reputation

I already plan on getting a honda, probably a civic or del sol or mabey even a Crx either or.

Also I had a question, would it be "SAFER" to buy a car from a person, or from a lot?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Registered member

sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr

It's usually safer to buy from a dealer, but a whole lot cheaper to buy from a person. Either way, there's a level of risk. Especially in your price range- small fuel efficient cars are really fetching a premium right now

You thinking of buying a dead car and fixing it yourself?

Last edited by sjfehr; 10-05-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

thed1ngo has disabled reputation

You should probably elaborate on what kind of "safe" are you referring to? You'll, more than likely, pay more for (x) car than you would from a private party. If you're looking for a gas saver, a SOHC Honda would be great for that, and also for a first car. They're cheap on insurance as well and if you happen to crash it and are handy'ish with vehicles you can fix it pretty cheap.

Good luck with whatever you get in to man.

--Brandon
Old 10-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Show Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tedskiii
Also I had a question, would it be "SAFER" to buy a car from a person, or from a lot?
The two cars I bought from people were POS kinda. They just needed a lot work done to them. although, there are honest people out there!
Old 10-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

thed1ngo has disabled reputation

Same goes with dealers, they're not always honest (I know from personal experience). IMO you have to use your instinct and common sense no matter where you decide to get a vehicle from. Do your research on the vehicle and don't instinct buy.

--Brandon
Old 10-05-2008, 05:14 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by thed1ngo
Same goes with dealers, they're not always honest (I know from personal experience). IMO you have to use your instinct and common sense no matter where you decide to get a vehicle from. Do your research on the vehicle and don't instinct buy.

--Brandon
I think you were trying to say don't impulse buy, as in on a whim. And that's very good advice that will save you alot of trouble that I still don't listen to.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757

save up some more buy a gsr and build that shit ... but thats a good idea and i doubt your gonna find a rx7 fs when its time for you to buy one. goodluck
Old 10-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered member

philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville

can't go wrong with a honda. i say just get a civic with a single cam and make it look nice. maybe lower it on some SI's.

Quick Reply: Getting my first DD during or after the school year.