Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Getting 03 GT

Old 10-12-2003, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick
Default Getting 03 GT

Any Stang owners know of some good performance parts for a 03 GT coupe. I'm getting a hell of a deal on it. I'm trading in the Sentra and my monthly payments are going down $50 a month going into the Mustang. My Mustang is Black with Medium Graphite Interior. I'm going to pick it up Monday or Tuesday.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:14 AM
Pimpin teh stockness

blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5

gj on the car.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:15 AM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Getting 03 GT

Originally posted by Fat Nick
Any Stang owners know of some good performance parts for a 03 GT coupe.
Thats a really general question so I will keep it basic:
K&N, cat-back exhaust, H or X pipe, underdrive pulleys, short-throw shifter if you have a five speed, set of DR's for traction.
IMO the most bang for the buck bolt on is a set of rear end gears. Get 4.10s for a mod motor.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:39 AM
poop banana owns you

AllMotorModular is an unknown quantity at this point

to add to what montman said, if you can afford it, throw in a good set of headers, throttle body and the new cnl piece to go with it, put it all in and have it dynotuned.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Master of Doom

Vigor Vigor Vigor Vigor Vigor Vigor Vigor

SLP is selling part for Mustangs now (I think just exhaust but I could be wrong). Their exhausts have always been somewhat popular for F-Bodies, so the Mustang ones might be worth a look.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:14 AM
poop banana owns you

AllMotorModular is an unknown quantity at this point

the new SLP LT's and loudmouth exhaust for mod mustangs are awesome products, just very pricey. the headers go for $749, i think the cat back is in the 3-400 range.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Well I picked up the Stang on Tuesday. Very nice car. Def. going to check out SLP Exhaust or go with Flowmaster. Should I get K&N filter or intake? Probably intake. And I want to get headers when I get the $.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:03 PM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

I wouldnt really waste your time with an expensive CAI (I know you didnt mean intake manifold. ).
The gains are minimal at best.
If you really want one I would get the K&N CAI. It seems to have the least bends.

Im sure the SLP exhaust system is nice, but for the $$ you could probably get a identical performing exhaust system for less.
Magnaflow has a nice stainless steel system (magnaflows or mangnapacks) depends on how loud you want it.

I still say get a rear end gears and a nice set of D/R's.

Last edited by montman; 10-16-2003 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:06 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

SLP makes mustang parts now? oh jesus...

ive never owned a stang before but id say get a 4.10 gear then drag radials (youre going to lose what little traction you had when you go to a 4.10 ) then get a good flowing exhaust and punch out the cat while youre down there. then move onto a cai and long tubes and an h-pipe. dont get shorty headers, spend the extra dollar and get long tubes.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:24 AM
www.anchor-room.com

UNCLEBENZ has disabled reputation

http://kennebell.net/superchargers/f.../gt96-03_2.htm