VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   gettin out of a ticket???? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/gettin-out-ticket-4804/)

Durrett Syndrom 01-16-2003 03:50 AM

gettin out of a ticket????

i got a ticket for going 79 in a 55 last night. does anyoen know how i can get off of it lighter and get around it???? thanks

Ol_Skool_Ls 01-21-2003 10:53 AM

get a lawyer go to driving school... community service, welcome to the club buddy

notsogoodfeline 01-21-2003 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Ol_Skool_Ls
get a lawyer go to driving school... community service, welcome to the club buddy

haha..yeah for real

i'm glad they have that option

Skywalker 01-21-2003 01:10 PM

1st reckless - cop suggested amending the charge before I did :cool:
2nd reckless - first cool judge I ever had; I told him str8 up I would plead guilty to speeding, not to wreckless; he amended it
3rd reckless - lawyer kept me out of jail; I plead guilty to reckless w/ commonwealth's recommendation not to suspend license or give me any time in jail

stealthassassin 01-21-2003 01:22 PM

Re: gettin out of a ticket????

Originally posted by Durrett Syndrom
i got a ticket for going 79 in a 55 last night. does anyoen know how i can get off of it lighter and get around it???? thanks
well depending on the judge you're screwed.....

JBub 01-21-2003 02:17 PM

Re: gettin out of a ticket????

Originally posted by Durrett Syndrom
must be that syndrom...

B16ASilverHonda 01-21-2003 02:26 PM

Re: Re: gettin out of a ticket????

Originally posted by stealthassassin
well depending on the judge you're screwed.....
DITTO

Durrett Syndrom 01-21-2003 04:42 PM

yea probally the syndrome

LSPinoy 01-21-2003 05:03 PM

well you should get a lawyer who is familiar with the judges and has been in practice with the area for a long time...that way the lawyer can talk to the judge and officer that pulled you over to come to a consensus prior to your court date.

Skywalker 01-22-2003 01:14 AM

Originally posted by LSPinoy
well you should get a lawyer who is familiar with the judges and has been in practice with the area for a long time...that way the lawyer can talk to the judge and officer that pulled you over to come to a consensus prior to your court date.
The lawyer does not talk to the judge before the hearing. He tries to strike a deal w/ the prosecuting attorney and the judge decides whether or not to accept the Commonwealth's recommendation.

Ol_Skool_Ls 01-22-2003 05:04 PM

yo i have fucking -44 points??? thats why yall prolly never see my shit on the road or me.

bahr350 01-22-2003 07:57 PM

ticket

i got pulled one sat. night on 64 goin to the carshow by a state trooper goin 83 in a 65 and i didnt get a ticket

Pimp96Accord 02-01-2003 08:31 AM

tell us how you got out of the ticket cause i got 50 in a 25 in a residental

bseriesbenny 02-01-2003 12:37 PM

i got a drunk driving pull over yesterday but didnt get ticketed..yee

Xiphoid 02-02-2003 05:30 PM

It really all depends on where you got the ticket. If you’re from the 757 area and you got it Va. beach... your screwed. Because they recently passed a law that if you get reckless (which is 20 and over) weather its your first offense or your tenth you get 30 days jail time (they usually suspend 28 days) but still who wants to do jail time for speeding???? Not to mention the fines up the ass they add on top of throwing your ass in jail. That’s crazy to me like the jails aren’t already over populated... but that’s a whole other story.

Any wayz moving on.............if you got a ticket some where else like Hampton for example (that’s where i got my last one) then you can possibly luck out if you choose to use the info. I’m going to share with you.

See not that long ago i was in a similar situation as you. I don’t know what your record looks like but mine is at -24 and at this point i shouldn’t even be driving but i got a few good judges and got lucky and still manage to be driving legally. But if i got any tickets for any reason be it not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign my license would be gone for a very long time. And me being the chronic speeder i am not comprehending what i was risking by speeding. Got another damn ticket and was hella stressed about loosing my license along with my job because I wouldn’t have any way to get there and my new car cause id have no money to pay for it. One night when i was stressing out to a friend about the situation He shared something with me that night that probably would have saved my ass (if the cop had not lost my ticket and the whole thing hadn’t gotten dropped outta court *reminiscing on how lucky my ass is right now* lol).

So yea this whole long post has a point. There Is this little place in Va. beach hidden behind a big building Called Speedometer Calibration Center Incorporated. And maybe just maybe your speedometer off just a little and if its even off by a few notches... that could be enough to get your ticket dropped from reckless driving to faulty equipment. And the punishment for faulty equipment is a minor fine and NO POINTS get added to your record. So if you got $35 and you think your speedometers off (which most are if you know what I’ saying) and your interested……… private message me and ill hook you up with an address and maybe a phone number ;).

Sharing the knowledge

~Xiphoid~

stealthassassin 02-02-2003 06:00 PM

well actually it depends o how much it is off.if it's off a few notches as you said the judge may drop the recless but only those few notches....so for example you going 75 in a 55 and you're of a few....you'd maybe get somethin like 70 in a 55 and a reduced charge for speeding.still points on your record...still screws you on insurence.Oh yeah, and also the court only has to accept a vehicle calibration one time for an offense after that your fair game.but it all comes down to the testimony of you and the officer and the judges opinion on what your sentence should be....just a little FYI

Xiphoid 02-02-2003 09:43 PM

True when it comes to all that legal shit your fate is really left in the hands of the judge and the cop......... and the outcome of it all really does depend on their mood for that day. But I’m telling you go to this place pay the 30 bucks get your speedometer checked out and get a lawyer i would almost guarantee you’ll get off with faulty equipment and maybe even get out of it completely if you’ve only had a few offenses.