Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Furture Classics

Old 11-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Went Full Retard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these parts
Default Furture Classics

While watching the Barrett-Jackson Auction, I wondered if anyone knew some of those cars would be worth what they are today. So I was thinking, what cars do we see around today will likely be worth a pretty penny in the future (say 20-30 years from now). Esp. ones we can afford to get our hands on (i.e. no exotics). Here's a couple of my picks for example:

Integra Type R (factory original)
FD RX-7
Mark IV Supra TT

Wanted to see what some of you think!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: Furture Classics

This thread is stupid as fuck.

None of those cars will ever be considered "classics" and be sold at a barrett jackson auction.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
This thread is stupid as fuck.

None of those cars will ever be considered "classics" and be sold at a barrett jackson auction.
This.

Maybe a Ford GT in Gulf colors
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 AM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon

Furture herp derp.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Probably the new gt500's, challengers, and camaro's. I doubt there will be any foreign cars considered classics on barret-jackson.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:01 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

The markets are so much different between now and what they were back in the day. Comparing something that will have a production run of over 10,000 units cannot be put up next to something that was made back in the day at under 3,000 units.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

I don't know, I think I could see it. Think about it. The rich dudes buying all those crazy expensive muscle cars are the guys that were in their teens and 20s back when those cars were new and popular. They are buying these things up at insane prices so they can relive their glory days in the cars they drooled over and couldn't afford when they were young. Why wouldn't that happen again in 20 or 30 years. Guys with tons of money that were in their teens and 20s now buying up Integra Type Rs and FD RX-7s because they drooled over them now and can't afford them. It could very well happen. Maybe not on Barrett-Jackson, but that doesn't mean they won't be considered classics and go for high dollar.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

BECOUSE THE PEOPLE THAT DROOL OVER THOSE SHITBOX'S NOW STILL WONT BE ABLE TO AFFORD THEM IN 20 YEARS - THATS WHY
Old 11-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Simple truth;

There will always be one idiot willing to pay what you want for that car.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Originally Posted by SortaFlush
Simple truth;

There will always be one idiot willing to pay what you want for that car.
This. I dont even see American cars like Camaro's, Mustangs and the like unless they have super rare options and low low miles.

Quick Reply: Furture Classics