Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

full turbo kits off of ebay?

Old 04-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94_CRVtec has disabled reputation
Default full turbo kits off of ebay?

any thoughts on the subject, i know basicly they are just the turbo, intercooler, and piping and manifold and they run like 1700 i looked at feedback for a few of these companies i was just wondering what other people think
Old 04-14-2005, 07:35 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: full turbo kits off of ebay?

A lot of factors go into that. New, used? Brand name, knock off?

Many times, when it comes to more complex performance parts, you get what you pay for. Example:

A company called SS Autochrome sells turbo kits and manifolds for cheap. Their manifolds are poorly made and tend to crack. One would be better served getting a brand name manifold or a custom one done by someone you can trust or at least deal with on a face-to-face basis.

If it were an intake or something like that, I wouldn't worry too much, but a turbo is something where you want to be cautious about cutting corners.

Also, there are a number of dealers or this board than can give you similar deals, but that you'll be able to conduct business with personally.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

94_CRVtec has disabled reputation

yeah, thats what i had in mind too, you pay for what you get.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

fully legit. there is a guy here in california that is running over 350whp on a complete ebay kit (granted it is a ka24de powered 240, but I'm sure you can squeeze quite a bit out of your civic.). go for it!!!!!!!!! you only as fast as your balls allow you to be.