Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

fresh off the disabled list!!!

Old 08-04-2003, 03:33 PM
show no mercy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC
Default fresh off the disabled list!!!

finally fixed my boost leak problem, now the supra is running great!!! im was getting tired of driving my car like a grandma!!! anyway, i hope to be out and about again to whatever spots pop up. see everyone around

i also wanted to say thanx to nimmo, rico, and mr.2 for helping me out in my for sale thread for this piece, and my boy jose for getting the piece on.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:59 PM

92celicaGT is an unknown quantity at this point

well that's wsup joe
Old 08-05-2003, 07:49 AM
'06 FF Champ

94SupraTT has disabled reputation

Do you know if Juan did the EGR block off plates on that car? If not I HIGHLY recommend it. Its probably one of the most common leaks. I don't know how many times mine popped off. I'll try to think of other lil things you can do.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:34 AM

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

Originally posted by 94SupraTT
Do you know if Juan did the EGR block off plates on that car?
on sale at hpfreaks
Old 08-05-2003, 11:26 AM
'06 FF Champ

I only did the top one. I hear the bottom one is a NIGHTMARE to get to. Its only the top one that has a problem leaking. So I figured I'd be fine with just that one
Old 08-05-2003, 09:24 PM
show no mercy

2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC
Unhappy ****UPDATE***** back on the DL

well 24 hrs after fixing my car.....i broke it again....iim goin to just do anything and everything i can under that fuckin hood to make sure its mother fucking rock solid. rico, nimmo, and other supra owners, ill be in touch for advice.
story goes like this: im on my way to brians this morning and im on 64 doin about 65ish when all of a sudden i lose power and cant really do much over 3 grand.sounds like i blew something, heards a bit of air(no fuckin boost), similiar to when i blew the coupler i just fixed. when i tried to get on it again, what appeared to be a dark colored smoked would appear when i was on the throttle, but on the way home tonight it was blowing a whiteish smoke(only when on the throttle)........ ::sigh:: all advice and input welcome, but would especially like the help of the supra owners on the board. thanx in advanced. looks like Team Turbulence new slogan will be "broke cars and broke wallets"
Old 08-06-2003, 05:41 AM

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

that doesn't sound to good...
Old 08-06-2003, 05:56 AM

EuroM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ****UPDATE***** back on the DL

Originally posted by 2JZ JC
well 24 hrs after fixing my car.....i broke it again....iim goin to just do anything and everything i can under that fuckin hood to make sure its mother fucking rock solid. rico, nimmo, and other supra owners, ill be in touch for advice.
story goes like this: im on my way to brians this morning and im on 64 doin about 65ish when all of a sudden i lose power and cant really do much over 3 grand.sounds like i blew something, heards a bit of air(no fuckin boost), similiar to when i blew the coupler i just fixed. when i tried to get on it again, what appeared to be a dark colored smoked would appear when i was on the throttle, but on the way home tonight it was blowing a whiteish smoke(only when on the throttle)........ ::sigh:: all advice and input welcome, but would especially like the help of the supra owners on the board. thanx in advanced. looks like Team Turbulence new slogan will be "broke cars and broke wallets"
well black smoke isnt alwys bad it mean your running rich.... but white smoke could be blown rings for oil(blueish), anitfreeze and turbo seals could be blown... check all your turbo piping... check fuel pressure if to much fuel it will bog down.... When i had my base map for 2 days even at 3k it would bog down...
Old 08-06-2003, 07:37 AM
'06 FF Champ

Black smoke is fuel. Sounds like you blew a vacuum line somewhere and its just running rich. I HIGHLY advice doing a boost leak test. It will show you exactly where the leak is coming from. The white smoke is usually a sign of oil burning off somewhere could be turbo seals. I would recommend doing the permanent TTC mod which gets rid of all those metal lines a rubber hoses around the turbos but you have an auto and might not like it.

Heres a list of things I've popped off that have caused vacuum leaks. Intercooler ENDTANK, EGR hose, and the hose that connects to stock BOV. But like I said do a boost leak test to see exactly where you are leaking from. If you have a HUGE leak you won't be able to boost, you will be spewing out black smoke and your motor will not rev far at all.

Last edited by 94SupraTT; 08-06-2003 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:51 AM

Desolate_Flux is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks. Wish I could help ya there, have my own problems to figure out though... *boggle*