VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Flush bay alignment rack anywhere in Va (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/flush-bay-alignment-rack-anywhere-va-485863/)

ITRSoon 08-17-2014 07:02 PM

Flush bay alignment rack anywhere in Va

So, alignments.

It seems like any where in Roanoke will not take my car on their alignment rack because my car is "low" Okay, my car is only a finger gap all around and even offered to remove my front bumper prior before getting it on a rack, then they made a excuse of my side skirts. I had enough and some shops I took it to did not align my car properly because of my specific specs as far as camber angles and does not drive straight still.

So, I need a good shop that know their stuff around full coilover set up with built in camber plates and bolts to my specs for track. Also a flush/flat rack to save me the hassle. I'm willing to travel any where in Va to have it done.

Any suggested shops? Sorry, my grammer is not perfect. English is my 2nd language.

ej1995 08-17-2014 07:23 PM

Re: Flush bay alignment rack anywhere in Va

Have you talked to Gary Richards in Salem?

grkguy89 08-18-2014 03:54 AM

I have an in-ground alignment rack and do alignments to customer's specs on the daily
but im all the way in Williamsburg

ITRSoon 08-18-2014 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by grkguy89 (Post 8309214)
I have an in-ground alignment rack and do alignments to customer's specs on the daily
but im all the way in Williamsburg

My brother lives in Williamsburg, perfect. How much do you charge? Pm me the details.

ITRSoon 08-18-2014 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by ej1995 (Post 8309191)
Have you talked to Gary Richards in Salem?

I have, they dont print out sheet for my records. they are old school.

Kana 08-18-2014 06:26 PM

I'm the store manager at the Merchants in Glen Allen, Va (Richmond) and we have an in ground alignment machine. PM me for details.

Fabrik8 08-19-2014 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by ITRSoon (Post 8309336)

Getting a printout is far less important than getting a quality alignment. You can align a car perfectly with strings and other fixtures (most racecars past the weekend amateur level don't go to an alignment shop with computerized readouts), and there isn't any way to connect a printer to a piece of string.

Blue2turbo 08-19-2014 05:07 AM

If grkguy89 doesn't work out, I know here in VA Beach area of a couple places that could get an alignment done. Keenan over at All Aspects in Chesapeake has been able to get my car on their rack all 3 times I've brought it there and he's done custom specs with my camber plates and crash bolts. Also Bert's Alignment in VA Beach I believe has a ground level alignment rack, as does Mizelle's in Norfolk. Mizelle's is the cheapest that I've been to and bring most of my cars there, but the MR2 always goes to Keenan.

ej1995 08-20-2014 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by ITRSoon (Post 8309336)

They are definitely old school, but they do it right. I've had them do some pretty involved stuff, beyond the realm of your standard alignment...haha.

stricks_nb2 08-25-2014 04:00 PM

Therespecially a merchants tires in chesapeake