Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Financing SUCKS anyone know somthing I dont?

Old 02-25-2010, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delearious02 has disabled reputation
Default Financing SUCKS anyone know somthing I dont?

Ok so I am trying to get a newish car and I cant seem to get financed though any other company than one called santander but they will only finance a car from carmax or a major name brand dealer and i need financing for a car from a smaller dealership. I have no credit history and my cosigner is moderately weak but I know someone will finance me, if a major company like santander would.... Anyone know something or someone i dont? we tried credit unions and a few other major banks. I have a good job only been there 6 months i make salary and such ... im losing hope..... someone help !
Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: Financing SUCKS anyone know somthing I dont?

Originally Posted by Delearious02
Ok so I am trying to get a newish car and I cant seem to get financed though any other company than one called santander but they will only finance a car from carmax or a major name brand dealer and i need financing for a car from a smaller dealership. I have no credit history and my cosigner is moderately weak but I know someone will finance me, if a major company like santander would.... Anyone know something or someone i dont? we tried credit unions and a few other major banks. I have a good job only been there 6 months i make salary and such ... im losing hope..... someone help !
6 months isnt the longevity needed. is your boy/girlfriend the cosigner? Santander, are you Latino?

buy a beater off CL and deal with it for now.

Obie Juan, you are our only hope.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

..find a cosignor thats not so shitty?

open a line or 2 of credit and build up some history?

if they do approve you, more than likely you're going to have some retarded intrest rates.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 PM

Delearious02 has disabled reputation

so you are familiar with santander haha no im not but i found them through carmax ....

trust me i have searched hi and low for a cosigner even told the ppl if i didnt pay the payment i would give them my busa!!!!! and still no co signer
Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

try american general finance?
Old 02-26-2010, 03:06 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Buy a cheap car and pay it off in a year or two. Build your credit in baby steps.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:10 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

Originally Posted by Flite
Buy a cheap car and pay it off in a year or two. Build your credit in baby steps.
X2.... YOU WILL MOE THAN LIKELY HAVE A CRAPPY RATE AT FIRST
Old 02-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by Flite
How can he do that if he can't get a loan to begin with..

If you are desperate for credit. Get a Credit Card through First Premier Bank. They have some shady practices just like every credit card company out there. But they report every month and I have never had a problem with them. They will take anyone. Only problem is your credit card with a$250 limit will only have about $70 on it and you have to pay $180 in fees to get started. But like I said they take anyone.

There is a place called 4 Star Auto on military hwy. They do buy here pay here with 0% interest. Mostly mid 90's BMW's. And they are some cool dudes.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:20 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

I assume you aren't putting any cash down?

I have been working since I was 14, as soon as I turned 18 I applied for an auto-loan with no credit history other than my cell phone I had for 4 months and I got approved for $13.5k without a co-signer or cash down. But I was also making 4k a month.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:10 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by SortaSUNK
I assume you aren't putting any cash down?

I have been working since I was 14, as soon as I turned 18 I applied for an auto-loan with no credit history other than my cell phone I had for 4 months and I got approved for $13.5k without a co-signer or cash down. But I was also making 4k a month.
4k a month isn't too bad for an 18 year old... for curiosity's sake, what were you doing?

it's hard to get credit these days... i've had immaculate credit for going on 10 years now, had literally 20+ loans/credit cards that have been paid off and have never been late, and i couldn't get approved to buy my wife a $1600 laptop a few months ago.

a lot of this has to do with the fact that i do have two cars, a bike, and still several other cc/loans i'm paying on, plus i've only been at my job now for 8 months, making it about 5 months or so when i applied.

best bet is to suck it up and listen to some others on here, buy something cheap to get you around for now that you don't foresee a problem selling in the future, and pay it off early. that's what did it for me... i had my mom cosign on a $6k loan for a 68 chevelle when i was 20, i paid it off in 8 months when i sold it and never needed another cosigner again...

Quick Reply: Financing SUCKS anyone know somthing I dont?