Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

filing for a vehicle title

Old 10-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Whatever it takes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch
Default filing for a vehicle title

I've had this bike in my storage for some time now and finally decided to pull it out and start messing wiht it but i didnt want to do anything yet without a title. I stopped by the DMV to apply(?) for one and was told i need to bring in a registration or get hte previous owner to provide one. If that guy doesn't have one to try ging down the chain of owners until i find someone with one. I got the bike off craigslist in the free section a few years ago and dont have any contact info form the person i got it off of. My question is: without a title already or registration, how can i get one for this thing? I know theres a way to apply for a lost title or something but without registration how do i go about doing this?

I found this:
http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/c...eplacement.asp
but it requires a registration in order to get a title. anyone gone through this before?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:01 AM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon
Default Re: filing for a vehicle title

Abandon Vehicle Process.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci.../abandoned.asp
Old 10-05-2011, 07:55 AM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Have you had the vin ran on it? If it comes back stolen then you could be sol....I can get a title for it..the bike has to be in my possession and at my shop...when they are processed dmv and I send letters out to the owner and lienholder if it has one....if either party wants to pay the storage I have to realease it to them....since as far as dmv is concerned they own it....if you want to know more call me at 7578703103
Old 10-05-2011, 07:56 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by nftuatn
Have you had the vin ran on it? If it comes back stolen then you could be sol....I can get a title for it..the bike has to be in my possession and at my shop...when they are processed dmv and I send letters out to the owner and lienholder if it has one....if either party wants to pay the storage I have to realease it to them....since as far as dmv is concerned they own it....if you want to know more call me at 7578703103
can i call you just to hear your voice?

<3
Old 10-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by nftuatn
+1. Other way to do it is to buy a titled frame and switch everything over.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

You may not be getting enough attention to your thread.

Post it up about 5 more times.