Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

fighting tickets?

Old 06-27-2004, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1CVC4DR will become famous soon enough1CVC4DR will become famous soon enough
Default fighting tickets?

how can i fight a exhaust ticket with out getting changed my exhaust is not loud at all compared just about anybody?
Old 06-27-2004, 08:58 AM

RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI
Default Re: fighting tickets?

Take a pic of another car that is similar to yours (with a stock exhaust) and bring it to court and it will get dismissed. Oh and make sure not to get their plates cuz yours is on the ticket.

Your welcome
Old 06-27-2004, 09:21 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

1. Stop being an illiterate n00b.
2. Stop being a ricer.
3. Problem solved.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Whats Next?

ICE BLU is an unknown quantity at this point

I put my silencer in and took my car to court...and the judge made me wait until everyone was done then he came outside and listened to my car...he made me rev it up a couple times...the only bad thing was that the cop was a dick so the whole time he was like "oh yeah this is so much better" but thats b/c the judge was up in his grill...but the judge said as long as i have the silencer in im str8
Old 06-28-2004, 04:56 AM
---->>>|<<<----

El Cid is an unknown quantity at this point

I just moved here, so I am not up on VA law. Is it based on sound level, or does it just plain outlaw anything other than OEM?

If it is based on sound, then measure the decibels for your exhaust (have a reputable shop do it), and see if it meets or exceeds the law. If the law is overly stupid (i.e. - outlaws anything aftermarket) then you don't have much ground to stand on.

Good luck.

Kevin
Old 06-28-2004, 04:58 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

If you change your exhaust you suffer the consequences of VA.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Function>Form

DA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these parts

I thought you were selling tickets to UFC or some shit..lol
Old 06-28-2004, 08:48 AM
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

Originally Posted by spic
1. Stop being an illiterate n00b.
2. Stop being a ricer.
3. Problem solved.
lol jackass
Old 06-28-2004, 05:15 PM
SubZer0

subzer0 has disabled reputation

shouldn't have to do anything..... damn cop prolly got right up next to your car when he gave you the exhaust ticket... as long as your car conforms to the Db law at 60 feet..... your fine... i had some jackass cop do the same to me in my cobra....
Old 06-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Try searching!

vbgsx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by subzer0
shouldn't have to do anything..... damn cop prolly got right up next to your car when he gave you the exhaust ticket... as long as your car conforms to the Db law at 60 feet..... your fine... i had some jackass cop do the same to me in my cobra....
Please post the law where it mentions Db's or 60f in VA.....It doesn't!

Here's the State code. ALL local laws mimic this. Any local law can also be more strict than the state code. Local laws CAN NOT be less strict.

§ 46.2-1049. Exhaust system in good working order.

No person shall drive and no owner of a motor vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any vehicle on a highway unless it is equipped with an exhaust system of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment, in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise. An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system of private passenger motor vehicles or trucks of standard make.

The term "exhaust system," as used in this section, means all the parts of a motor vehicle through which the exhaust passes after leaving the engine block.

Chambered pipes are not an effective muffling device to prevent excessive or unusual noise.

(Code 1950, § 46-305; 1952, c. 455; 1956, c. 651; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-301; 1960, c. 120; 1970, c. 266; 1972, c. 66; 1989, c. 727.)

Quick Reply: fighting tickets?