Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Fender Rolling....

Old 11-22-2004, 10:18 AM
www.anchor-room.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UNCLEBENZ has disabled reputation
Default Fender Rolling....

Anyone have any experience? Special tools needed? tricks? Suggestions?

Do it myself or is this better left to a pro?

This will be done on the rear fenders of a 03 Mustang.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:19 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum
Default Re: Fender Rolling....

viper rims?
Old 11-22-2004, 10:22 AM
www.anchor-room.com

Originally Posted by Victum
viper rims?
The rims should clear, I'm afraid the rubber might not..... SSR GT3's

Old 11-22-2004, 10:27 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

oooooh...

well some of the drift kids might be able to help you with the fender rolling...
Old 11-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

How nice it's going to look will depend on your experience and tools.

If you just want something quick and totally do not give a fuck (which I know isn't the case here), you can just slap the wheels on, shove a baseball bat between the tire and fender, and roll away. Yes, it'll get the job done, but it will also look like absolute shit (and trust me, I know; this is how I rolled my rear fenders).

You can buy fender rollers (such as the Eastwood fender roller) for a more professional look, but be prepared to practice on a junker car before you do it for real.

If doing it yourself (with a roller), basically remember to go slow, and apply heat to the fender (to minimize/prevent paint cracking). I'd only recommend rolling your fenders yourself if it's not going to take much to get your tires to clear without rubbing; and even then, make sure to practice plenty beforehand to make sure you're confident in what you're doing. It's going to take a long while to roll your fenders properly (since you're ideally going to roll the fender in very small increments between checking wheel fitment) without paint damage or causing waves/ripples in the metal.

It also couldn't hurt to call around to see how much a body shop would charge to get your fenders rolled
Old 11-22-2004, 10:37 AM
www.anchor-room.com

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
How nice it's going to look will depend on your experience and tools.

If you just want something quick and totally do not give a fuck (which I know isn't the case here), you can just slap the wheels on, shove a baseball bat between the tire and fender, and roll away. Yes, it'll get the job done, but it will also look like absolute shit (and trust me, I know; this is how I rolled my rear fenders).

You can buy fender rollers (such as the Eastwood fender roller) for a more professional look, but be prepared to practice on a junker car before you do it for real.

If doing it yourself (with a roller), basically remember to go slow, and apply heat to the fender (to minimize/prevent paint cracking). I'd only recommend rolling your fenders yourself if it's not going to take much to get your tires to clear without rubbing; and even then, make sure to practice plenty beforehand to make sure you're confident in what you're doing. It's going to take a long while to roll your fenders properly (since you're ideally going to roll the fender in very small increments between checking wheel fitment) without paint damage or causing waves/ripples in the metal.

It also couldn't hurt to call around to see how much a body shop would charge to get your fenders rolled

Great info thanks! Anyone have an idea what a body shop would charge?

Last edited by UNCLEBENZ; 11-22-2004 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:42 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

UB can you find out how much those black 18x11 bulits are youve told me before about them i need to buy them

my fenders are rolled, you cant even tell unless i tell you what to look for

and what tires are you using 335/30s/18?

how much were they? the ones i found were about 390/ea
Old 11-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Just to remind you folks, when you do it like this:

You get this:

You can't tell from just looking (from the outside), but if you feel it, it's wavy as all fuck.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:19 PM
www.anchor-room.com

Originally Posted by flo w fx
UB can you find out how much those black 18x11 bulits are youve told me before about them i need to buy them

my fenders are rolled, you cant even tell unless i tell you what to look for

and what tires are you using 335/30s/18?

how much were they? the ones i found were about 390/ea

They are 315's price is around 300 ea.

There is (1) Black bullit at Street Motorsports.....I'm sure Don will give you a great price.....it was incorrectly shipped.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:54 PM
gyl
Registered Member

gyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these parts

get a big hammer....

Quick Reply: Fender Rolling....