VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   faded mirror tint (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/faded-mirror-tint-19960/)

Xiphoid 07-10-2003 05:04 PM

faded mirror tint

how hard are the cops cracking down on this??? I heard its VERY illegal (something about it being to bright and blinding motorist) that if you have it youll get pulled non-stop and may even be asked to remove it from the car. True or False?

Hybrid AWD 07-10-2003 06:01 PM

hard like N.W.A. was......

i do think it is legal for a police officer to remove the tint if it is below the legal limit 35% rear 50% front.... mirror tint is 0%..... understand? any amount of tint below the limit, whether it be faded or what have you... its illegal in everyway.

plus mirror tint is gay, i like that law

theJUMPoff 07-10-2003 06:33 PM

Originally posted by Hybrid AWD
hard like N.W.A. was......

i do think it is legal for a police officer to remove the tint if it is below the legal limit 35% rear 50% front.... mirror tint is 0%..... understand? any amount of tint below the limit, whether it be faded or what have you... its illegal in everyway.

plus mirror tint is gay, i like that law

mirror tint blows, especially when you're in your car and u see a tight girl starin' you down, then you see her pull out lipstick and apply it as though your car were a mirror in a bathroom. that would suck.

stealthassassin 07-10-2003 09:09 PM

well me personally, thats what i write for a lot. i have a tint meter and i write for dark tint also. but mirror tinti, i'll pull your ass in a hartbeat....even if it's only half way up the window. well, i'll look forward to pulling....i mean meeting you

Flite 07-10-2003 09:49 PM

I like the way mirror tint looks on some cars. I had mirror tint on my second Integra. It was dark green on white TE-37s. For some reason it just looked good. I had FL plates though so I got away with it.

Skywalker 07-11-2003 04:07 AM

Yes it is illegal. Yes they can tell you to pull it off on the spot. Personally, I think that would start a war between me and the cop. Fuck that shit; just give me the goddamn ticket.

You can get away w/ it if you have NC plates.

Originally posted by stealthassassin
well me personally, thats what i write for a lot. i have a tint meter and i write for dark tint also. but mirror tinti, i'll pull your ass in a hartbeat....even if it's only half way up the window. well, i'll look forward to pulling....i mean meeting you
Thank you officer pig, for being one of the assholes who uses stupid laws to harass good people with non-violent interests. :fu:

slowmx3 07-11-2003 04:28 AM

It is illegal. Its is also gay. Besides, the only people that have it is ghetto people in old black cadillacs w/ bling bling 20" rims and a walmart subwoofer in their trunk hooked to their stolen cd deck. Colored tint is also gay.

vmspionage 07-11-2003 05:04 AM

mirrored/colored tint makes no damn sense. take that shit off, you aren't gansta hombre

Skywalker 07-11-2003 05:11 AM

mirror/color tint does look bad 98% of the time.

demonx2000 07-11-2003 05:42 AM

To each is his own. I personally think that it isn't that bad and I used to have it on my 02 Protege 5 for about 2 years before I had an unforseen accident and now it lies in car heaven :( I never once got a ticket for having the mirror tint, granted it was only half way up and then faded into black. I live on a street where there is a cop two houses away from me in either direction. Not once did i hear something from them about my tint being illegal. I think if you don't drive like an asshole and race around town, cops will tend to give you a break on the window tint law.

-Rob