Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

F--- cars.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:29 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default F--- cars.

I buy the Evo a year ago with 9k miles. Never track the car, never launch the car. I might play ever now and then but that's about it. So, after about a couple of months owning the car, the clutch goes out. Okay, maybe the previous owner beat the crap out of it. Replaced with an ACT heavy duty clutch.

Now I'm at 30K miles, i get the 30K service done, take the car on a road trip and then all of a sudden, clutch pressure gone. The clutch release is now at the damned floor. I have to pump the clutch to get the pressure back.

I take it to Mitsu to see if maybe they jacked something up during their 30K service, but they say there's nothing they could've done that would've messed up the clutch. They also said that the vibration in the clutch isn't normal either. Direct Performance suggests that I get a new slave cylinder, steel braided lines, and swap everything out and see what the result is. Problem is, I don't wanna go paying for something that MIGHT fix the problem.

What do you guys think? Personally, I'm already fed up with the car scene as it is.

Lexus IS-350 anybody? I'm seriously thinking about fixing the evo and just selling it. Get my lexus, but some nice wheels on it, and say fuck cars.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:35 AM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul
Default Re: F--- cars.

Sorry to hear your problems. I have to say though, I have given this advice to many people. There are some cars that you just should never even consider buying used, unless you can accurately track their history. Cars like The SRT-4, The EVO, the STi, Civic Si's. To a lesser extent any Turbo Subaru. You just have to stop and think about who those cars are marketed to. No one is going to buy an EVO and be gentle on it. I think in the past you mentioned having issues with the boost on it, and that you were not getting any boost because a valve was in backwards or something? Just considering that fact, it is obvious someone tinkered with that motor. Armed with the knowledge that someone has obviously tinkered with it, and you have had problems, there are two logical conclusions as to why the car was sold.

1. The buyer realized they could not afford the car and took their mods off.
2. The buyer realized they had broken something and did not want to own the car when the problem surfaced.

Again, I am sorry about your problems, good luck with the Lexus.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

The LEXUS IS350 is fucking disgusting. Any car that has A/C in the seats, and I'm not talking seats that stay cold, I'm taking there is air blowing out of the seats, gets my vote. The fact they look awesome helps as well.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

thats weaksauce.

want to sell/trade me some interior pieces?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:43 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
The LEXUS IS350 is fucking disgusting. Any car that has A/C in the seats, and I'm not talking seats that stay cold, I'm taking there is air blowing out of the seats, gets my vote. The fact they look awesome helps as well.
they make it feel like you shit your pants in the summer time..

if your gonna get a lexus get a LS or GS450 and up. no point of selling the evo,to get another sporty 4dr, like the IS or GS300
Old 07-24-2006, 10:45 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

haha ummm no Junon. If i was to ever sell my Evo, which i wanna do but I doubt i will, I'd want to sell it with interior entact.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:46 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

$2 for the evo
Old 07-24-2006, 10:47 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Originally Posted by NFCstang
$2 for the evo
GTFO my thread.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:49 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Hey...it's got a fucked clutch. $2.50
Old 07-24-2006, 10:50 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Originally Posted by NFCstang
Hey...it's got a fucked clutch. $2.50
/joking Actually I don't think it's the clutch. I think it's either the lines or the master/slave cylinder. But I guess I'll just have to see. The clutch itself is only about 6 months old and never abused.

Quick Reply: F--- cars.