VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   EVERYONE PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/everyone-please-read-important-134307/)

mattgreeneva 04-05-2006 05:34 AM

EVERYONE PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT

GULLIE 04-05-2006 05:41 AM

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT

wow ill keep an eye out im on the highways a lot is it me or there a rise in vee-dubs being stolen? that sucks

95lsintegra 04-05-2006 05:48 AM

if it see ne thing id be glad to call...gl on finding the v dub

tiki240 04-05-2006 05:52 AM

second v dub ive seen stolen in a short time. g/l

MerF 04-05-2006 08:20 AM

SO Dubs are getting easier to steal? used to just be Accords and Civics, but I guess the everyday thief is getting smarter with the times. Sucks for your boy, I wish him the best finding the bad guy.

Moriar 04-05-2006 09:47 AM

Im callin BS on this, what did ur friend give him the keys and let him test drive?? there is no way this is possible w/ the 04 immoblizer, unless he totally butchered the system.

And jus changing the Ignition will not work on a VW, U would have to change the Cluster, ECM, keys, lock cylinders.

mattgreeneva 04-05-2006 10:41 AM

ok then.. im glad you know what really happened.. im not here to argue this, im trying to help a friend out. It was clean, no broken glass, no tire marks, no cig butts, no interior stripped out.. we dont know! i dont know, you dont know... the cops dont know. NO ONE KNOWS... but the car is gone, call it what you want, i dont care... just be on the look out for it. It will probably never be found... but im just trying to do what i can to make people aware of it. He loves that car, and has wanted it for a Long Time...

and if you read what i wrote... that is what the insurance person said... i didnt say thats what is going to happen. Im not an idiot. i drive a vw myself... i know what they have in them. they could have stolen it for parts... no way of telling dude.. so dont be an ass...

MerF 04-05-2006 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Moriar
Im callin BS on this, what did ur friend give him the keys and let him test drive?? there is no way this is possible w/ the 04 immoblizer, unless he totally butchered the system.

And jus changing the Ignition will not work on a VW, U would have to change the Cluster, ECM, keys, lock cylinders.

Actually, not really. With the new tow-truck scandels, all it takes is an empty warehouse and some time, and this could be feasible...and from waht the news, the cops, the insurance companies, and the locals say...the scandal is in full swing.

h22civic 04-05-2006 11:16 AM

damn there is alot of cars getting stolen around here wtf!

mattgreeneva 04-05-2006 11:16 AM

hmmmmmmmm.... LOOK WHAT I FOUND

The top 10 stolen vehicles are:

1. Honda Civic SiR 2-door

2. Toyota Camry 4-door

3. 4 wheel drive Chevrolet/GMC Blazer/Jimmy S Series 2-door

4. Honda Civic Si Hatchback 2-door

5. Volkswagen Corrado 2-door

6. 4 wheel drive Dodge Ram

7. Chrysler/Dodge Caravan and Voyager

8. all wheel drive Subaru Impreza WRX, 4-door

9. Volkswagen Golf GTI Hatchback 2-door

SO... a 2 door gti made it on the top 10 most stolen cars list...
no wait.. your right...
those MILLIONS of statistics... all lies! all those people who had that car stolen... they were lying!
i dont know why i didnt catch onto that earlier?!?!?!?!
:beat: