Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Environmentalist Bitches continued: the bitch won't quit

Old 04-25-2003, 06:40 AM
Jeep on the Beach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CNUmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Environmentalist Bitches continued: the bitch won't quit

This Kelly guy seems to be asking for it, I'm actually starting to get pissed:
He wrote back...total BS:

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:10:05 -0400
To: students@cnu.edu
Subject: Response to motorsports email

what do you mean by professionalism? I gave my opinion. the complaint stands outside of any notion of who I am. I responded on a public board to something that I saw on that board. besides, your logic is weak. why is it that you can make a public announcement and I am supposed to make mine in private? you didn't tell me in person about the car show... did ya? I am not afraid of discussion on this issue, which is why I sent my original message.If it is more comforting for you to portray me as a scared wining liberal nobody then go ahead. I stand by my argument. CARS ARE RUINING THE EARTH. Granted, they are a necessary evil if you live in the suburbs, but walking, biking, and public transit are the future. "Y'all are just polishing the brass on the titanic"
ASK ANY SCIENTIST. Seriously. ASK.

It is perhaps even worse that you consider youself aware and you continue. Be honest with yourself. car enthusiasts are interested in cars not the environment.

I am pointing out that in light of scientific evidence, a hobby that involves motorsports is irresponsible. You love cars. your love of cars overrides your feelings of responsibility towards the environment. Your priorities are clear. I love Life, Biodiversity, and pollution free rivers and air. We seem to want different things from this world. Your desire seems selfish to me.

I am not thoughtless. I have knowledge of the envionmental effects of automobiles. not only that but the knowledge I have bothers me. If you really thought about it you might be bothered too. Your club IS centered on the use of Automobiles. My real message was not really to you. It was to other students. I am expressing just how UNCOOL i think what you are doing is. Of course you have a right to do it. this is America. I have a right to protest, in public fourums, what I see as a destructive hobby.

I am providing an alternative view that is rooted in scientific research about the neative consequences of automobiles on ecosystems. It is stereotypical only in that I consider cars bad in general. I admit that some are better for the environment than others but I doubt the goal of car shows is to advocate for reduced use. which is what all scientific data supports. not just lower emmisions but Reduced use. Period.

I BEG YOU TO SHOW ME WHY THE WORLD NEEDS MORE CARS OR MORE AUTOMOBILE USE?

Thanks,
Kelly Garner
Old 04-25-2003, 06:43 AM
Jeep on the Beach

CNUmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, I want to shut this guy down for sure. Anyone with any insight or scientific research reply and put it up, I don't like to have this go down on CNU Motorsports in front of the whole school....freakin disrespect from this guy pisses me off.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:44 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

I have 4 letters for him: ULEV. It looks like his beef is with the Automotive industry in general. He probably had a bad day because he beliefs cause him to walk to school instead of drive and your show just threw him off the edge. If he DOES in fact own a car, you should register it in the show.LOL.

Last edited by FlipLegend; 04-25-2003 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:54 AM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

Does he or anyone that he associates with drive regularly?

If so, then he is a hypocrite.

You should send him a link to drag & invite him to register so that he can get a feel for us "irresponsible car owners."

We can have a massive debate then, but unfortunately I am afraid that some of the people on here would just be like "fuck you, I like my car."

As stated above, he is using the car show/club as a way to bash the automobile industry in general.
He should take his protests to auto manufacurers.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:21 AM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

Kindly point out that there are more cars on the road today than 100 years ago (by what, a million fold?) and the environment is better today by far than it was 100 years ago.

It kind of trumps his claim that cars are ruining the planet.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:37 AM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley

Chances are that guy is a hypocrite because he most likely drives a car. What this guy is doing is trying to kill a whole army with a spoon. Many great strides have been taken in the last few years to conserve gas and reduce emissions in cars. It really pisses me off that he would call our hobby irresponsible. I bet he'll have a one man protest in front of the show. If so, we should jump him.

If you reply to this ignorant ass, please PLEASE link him to this thread.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:44 AM
I am the way.

Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula

Honestly...the effect of modified cars emissions is hardly 1% of the total pollution coming from automobiles.

He should learn his facts. Pollution lies within the whole, not a specific group. Believe me, we don't burn any more gas than a normal cars would on average

He probably thinks that all the aircraft industry going down the tube is good because of aircraft burning fuel. When in fact, it burns from only 5% of the total fuel burnt per day, and results in 600% more miles per gallon.

Tell him to to take his activist self elsewhere. If he really wants to save the enviroment, tell him to pick on something bigger that will ultimately have an effect ie.

Ask him if he owns a dishwasher, hot water tank, washer and dryer, which are the most earth destructing household appliances for electricity and water consumption.

OPEC(which ironically supplies the gas he burns in his own car)

Trucking companies(ironically everything he has was once on a polluting truck)

Coal power stations(ironically the computer, which he probably leaves on all day, and every other electronic instrument he owns)

A few modified cars is not increasing pollution anymore than the whole puts out. Ask him to see a scientific study of the drastic increase in air pollutants since The Fast and Furious came out.

EDIT: Oh and if this guy is at least 30 years old. He has been driving for about roughly 14-15 years. Of the time he has been driving cars, he has equaled the polluting power of about 20-25 of our "polluting modified cars" running for 1 year.

Last edited by Gaius Caligula; 04-25-2003 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:09 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Don't even bother trying to argue. Most of the tree-hugging type willingly turn a blind eye to anything that could possibly shoot down their arguements.

People who genuinely care about the enviroment are out in the world doing things about it instead of armchair protesting from the comfort of their desk about things that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:13 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

i hate whiners. there are a lot more strict regulations on emissions than most people think. like ambient said, cars dont equate for shit of the world's pollution. industries are being forced to refine their equipment and include low NOx burners, which is costing millions. shit is strict these days. people think you can just set up shop, roast a bunch of coal inside a boiler, spin a turbine and sell some power. uhhh no. virginia is supposedly a slack state as far as emissions go and believe me, you still cant take a piss without somebody watching. people do care about the environment, however, unless "Mr. Garner" wants to turn his computer off along with his refrigerator, television, AUTOMOBILE, the grease on his non-polluting bike chain, the wd-40 used to stop the squeaking on his faggot handle bars, he needs to just shut up.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:46 AM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

I would just reply with what souldistortion said.

Originally posted by soulDistortion
People who genuinely care about the enviroment are out in the world doing things about it instead of armchair protesting from the comfort of their desk about things that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things.
Add in a little bit about him driving a car, and his family and his friends (if he has any) etc.

Imo he's sitting back whining because he is jealous of people with nice cars and seeing girls attracted to nice cars, and/or sick of seeing stunners driving around acting like morons.

Quick Reply: Environmentalist Bitches continued: the bitch won't quit