Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Engine bay cleaning

Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 PM
srt-4s suck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blacksrt has disabled reputation
Default Engine bay cleaning

Just wondering if there is anyone who does this, or knows someone who does.
Would like it to be professional, and if anyone has a quote that would be great too. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:02 AM
Registered Member

tenacious has disabled reputation
Default Re: Engine bay cleaning

I tend to do it from time to time. I hope everybody who has a clean/chromed/painted engine should do it every now and then.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

I have a microfiber brush that i use with some dish soap, soap it up bubbly and rinse. keeps it clean pretty good, i use engine degreaser on the bottom end to get all the blow by oil of shit and rinse.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:06 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

I use gunk for mine.. I sometimes just pay someone like 40 bucks to do it. Check craigslist... lots of people there.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:24 AM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Depending on how dirty it is and how clean you want it, it might be something that I would do. Though that it would also depend on how much your willing to spend.....
Old 02-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Registered Member

spitzbergen has disabled reputation

I've heard simple green works well also. Just don't let it dry...
Old 02-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

tenacious has disabled reputation

something i recently tried this weekend...i was gona buy some engine brite but my buddy told me to use some Advanced autoparts brand wheel & tire cleaner. It did a decent job too. Just dont' let it get on your outside paint job like i did my truck. It's flat black and now its a dull ass spot on my fender!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:43 PM
srt-4s suck

blacksrt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by travisnd
Depending on how dirty it is and how clean you want it, it might be something that I would do. Though that it would also depend on how much your willing to spend.....

its not that bad, the cars an 04. id be willing to spend around a 100 or so for a professional job. thanks for all the responses.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:51 PM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Originally Posted by blacksrt
its not that bad, the cars an 04. id be willing to spend around a 100 or so for a professional job. thanks for all the responses.
If you can, snap some pics of what the engine bay looks like now....most people here know I can clean a engine bay....
Old 02-08-2008, 06:19 PM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

I use a 50/50 mixture of purple power with water in a steamer you'd be surprised at how great of a job it does. I mix that with a nice hard brush for cleaning the engine block/trans and the rest I just use paper towels and a a purple power for those loose small parts

And since I have a hand full of polished aluminum and bronzed aluminum heat shields and pipes I use meguiars to clean them up nicely

I'll get some before and after pictures up after I finish.

Quick Reply: Engine bay cleaning