Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ELITE AUDIO will screw you

Old 07-29-2005, 10:36 AM
MVP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz
Default ELITE AUDIO will screw you

Went to install an alpine deck today and saw that they cut my factory harness off and did not tell me about it. I'm not to happy about that seeing as how I paid for a harness and the fact that I have to attach another one now. I'm not saying all the installers there are bad just the one that fucked over my ride.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: ELITE AUDIO will screw you

So what did they say when you approached the manager about it?
Old 07-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Banned

GotB00stPsi is an unknown quantity at this point

probably didnt
Old 07-29-2005, 11:28 AM
ROB
Yeah Ya Know!

ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB

Originally Posted by ChvyOnDubz
Went to install an alpine deck today and saw that they cut my factory harness off and did not tell me about it. I'm not to happy about that seeing as how I paid for a harness and the fact that I have to attach another one now. I'm not saying all the installers there are bad just the one that fucked over my ride.
Okay your title says ELITE AUDIO "will" screw you, but then you say "not all the installers there are bad just the one that fucked over my ride" ....?!?!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Ghost

Originally Posted by GotB00stPsi
probably didnt
I was getting at that, but was being fair about it first.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:46 PM
MVP Member

ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz

Well my brother called since it was his car and asked why they didnt use a wiring harness adapter. They said that they had to bypass the factory amp. I understand that you have to bypass the factory amp but you should tell the customer that you cut off their wiring harness and then you shouldnt charge them for one if you didnt use it. There is some good work that I have seen come out of there but i couldnt believe this when i took out the deck in the acura. I think we will be making a visit down there to discuss this further. I guess the lesson learned is just do everything yourself
Old 07-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Ghost

Honestly, except for the charging you for the harness, it doesn't sound like they did anything extreme. If they give you money back for the harness and apologize, I'd accept it as a mistake.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

to me it sounds that they did their job,

Does it work? If so...

They say that they had to bypass it, therefore making a new harness which you paid for. why are u bitching?. And U paid for them to do it for you!, therefore they dont have to tell you that they cut it. theyre goal in business is to get it into the car, and working in the car, and get the car out and get paid. not to tell you EVERYthing they did installing the Deck.

and who cares what the wiring looks like behind the dash, as long as everything is nice and shrinkwrapped then everything is fine. its not like someone is going to see the wiring under the dash.

Last edited by Moriar; 07-29-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Ghetty Green

J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30

Originally Posted by Moriar
to me it sounds that they did their job,

Does it work? If so...

They say that they had to bypass it, therefore making a new harness which you paid for. why are u bitching?. And U paid for them to do it for you!, therefore they dont have to tell you that they cut it. theyre goal in business is to get it into the car, and working in the car, and get the car out and get paid. not to tell you EVERYthing they did installing the Deck.

and who cares what the wiring looks like behind the dash, as long as everything is nice and shrinkwrapped then everything is fine. its not like someone is going to see the wiring under the dash.
I have to disagree with you on that my friend. If they cut something to get the job done then its their respnsibility to inform the customer what they did. If I paid for someone to do a motorswap in my car and they didn't mention that they got rid of my A/C to get the job done and I paid for them not to get rid of the A/C I would be a lil spun up, wouldn't you. I'm not saying that you need to get rid of the A/C to do a swap just using it as an example.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:08 AM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

thats why i only let me myself and I touch my car and its wiring except maybe for an alarm cause thats just a big pain in the ass to me.

Quick Reply: ELITE AUDIO will screw you