Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

electric supercharger

Old 12-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Reppin The DOHC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies
Default electric supercharger

so i was flipping through the pages of my tuner magazines and towards the back of the magazine their was an ad that caught my attention it was for an electric supercharger i was wondering if those really work or are they just another "turbonator"

heres a link for what im talking about http://www.electricsupercharger.com/
Old 12-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: electric supercharger

yea..... thats garbage.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Well if a leaf blower works why not that.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point

it's basically just a fan that turns on when you accelerate. You hook up a switch that makes contact when you start accelerating and puts more air to the intake. Do they work.. well, look at their claims. "UP to 15 more hp" for the single kit. Not worth the money. My buddy had one of the old ones and it was noticable on the dyno for about 8 or 9 more horsepower on his integra. You can put a few in a row also, to increase it, but still, you are talking about a good bit of money for a little gain. The ones they used to sell on ebay had plastic fins, and the worry was what would happen if it broke and a plastic fin went into the motor. This looks like it might be all metal, and if constructed well it might be alright, but it is still a waste of money in my opinion.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SR20DETNX2K
Well if a leaf blower works why not that.

Lol.. yeah. I know some who were using small electric bilge pumps (is that how it's spelled) from boats to do this and there was a difference on the dyno, but not worth the money in the end.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Reppin The DOHC

turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies

yeah but theirs a sucker born every minute
Old 12-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Reppin The DOHC

hahaha i love how they compare it to a leaf blower
Old 12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

seriously ...
Old 12-05-2006, 02:32 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

$600 for the "1.7psi" model? You can almost piece together a turbo set up for that.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:39 PM
wheels up bitches

Z-Rated Z-Rated

I have one on my Z28 and I can definitely feel 2 pounds of boost. probably 3. there was a great seat of the pants difference and easy to install. it only took me 15 minutes. if i could do it again I'd go buy 3 of these things and forget about all the other mods.

Quick Reply: electric supercharger