Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

EF Civic Help??

Old 08-11-2010, 12:55 PM
ERMAHGERD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss
Default EF Civic Help??

Okay I just bought a 91 EF Sedan last week or so and the car does not run, and I knew it needed some work. We'll it turns out its more than what I thought. It wasn't running because it wasn't completely wired up (or wired up correctly) so I need to get a new wire harness and a few other odds and ends.. So my questions are..

I need to get an EG wire harness (what my motorhead buddy says) because the motor I have is a D16a6 and its been converted to OBD1, and the ECU is a PM6 so since I have no clue about ECU's and shit, I was wondering if you guys could tell me what exactly I need to get this thing running, the right wire harnesses or ECU.

Also I need new upper control arms, the shop my car is at told me I should get adjustable control arms. At least that's what the shop said I need to get. Does anybody know where I can get those? I found a few sites online that has them but I'm not sure if they're adjustable.

Any advice, tips or help is much appreciated!!

EDIT:
Okay, I just called my buddy doug and he explained it a little for me.

I have an OBD1 motor, and an OBD0 ECU and Wire Harness. So I need to get OBD1 shit.
And also the car has been converted to MPFI...

Last edited by kerrisaysss; 08-11-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0
Default Re: EF Civic Help??

PM6 is OBD0
Old 08-11-2010, 01:16 PM
ERMAHGERD

kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
PM6 is OBD0
Okay well wtf.. dude told me he converted the car to OBD1 so maybe I need to get a OBD1 ECU?

Last edited by kerrisaysss; 08-11-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong but she could run a PO6 ecu and would need a OBD0-OBD1 conversion harness along with a d15b7 distributor (which it should have if he correctly converted to OBD1)
Old 08-12-2010, 10:17 AM
ERMAHGERD

I would just like to know what I need to get so I can get it lol. With teh quickness.

OBD1 - EG wire harness.. right?
and an OBD1 ECU?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM
OMG AHH

jdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud of

as far as the wiring harness goes, RYwire.com makes custom harnesses for conversions. as far as the ECU goes, a PM6 is a OBD-0 89-91 Si computer. if you are trying to run the car OBD1, I'd get a P06 ecu like the gentleman before me said, if you wanna go back to OBD-0, paw at the junkyards for obd-0 parts to convert back and buy a stock Si wiring harness... oh, what model is the sedan in question??
Old 08-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point

Forget "EG harness" anything, and forget any other EF harness unless it is dpfi bc the main plugs at the shock tower are different.

So idk how this conversion was done. For all I know he hacked off the obd0 plugs and wired in the obd1 plugs but for the sake of explaining this I will assume all the obd0 plugs are intact.

1. Verify what kind of dist you have and buy an obd1 if the obd0 is still on the car
2. Buy a obd0-obd1 dist jumper harness
3. Buy a obd0-obd1 ecu jumper harness
4. Buy a obd1 ecu (P06 will work as stated above)
5. Install, and drink some beer
Old 08-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

BallinthaEF BallinthaEF BallinthaEF

what he said...
Old 08-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Vatican Assassin

MissmyE30 has disabled reputation

didja buy a project kerri? what are your plans for the car? that will determine if the adj UCA's are worth the extra coin.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
ERMAHGERD

Originally Posted by jdm_ef9
as far as the wiring harness goes, RYwire.com makes custom harnesses for conversions. as far as the ECU goes, a PM6 is a OBD-0 89-91 Si computer. if you are trying to run the car OBD1, I'd get a P06 ecu like the gentleman before me said, if you wanna go back to OBD-0, paw at the junkyards for obd-0 parts to convert back and buy a stock Si wiring harness... oh, what model is the sedan in question??
i went to rywire and checked the site out, you have to send them YOUR wire harness and they'll send it back.. i def dont wanna go back to obd0 so get a p06 ECU.

Originally Posted by Mindless
Forget "EG harness" anything, and forget any other EF harness unless it is dpfi bc the main plugs at the shock tower are different.

So idk how this conversion was done. For all I know he hacked off the obd0 plugs and wired in the obd1 plugs but for the sake of explaining this I will assume all the obd0 plugs are intact.

1. Verify what kind of dist you have and buy an obd1 if the obd0 is still on the car
2. Buy a obd0-obd1 dist jumper harness
3. Buy a obd0-obd1 ecu jumper harness
4. Buy a obd1 ecu (P06 will work as stated above)
5. Install, and drink some beer
haha and where can i get the jumper harness, if thats what i need?

i really need a whole new compete wire harness cuz mines all jacked up anyways..

Originally Posted by MissmyE30
didja buy a project kerri? what are your plans for the car? that will determine if the adj UCA's are worth the extra coin.
get it running haha.
but no i do need UCA's theyre bad lol

Quick Reply: EF Civic Help??