Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ebay question

Old 02-16-2005, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H22Si has disabled reputation
Default Ebay question

I'm trying to but the Skunk2 Cam Gears for my H22. Can I assume they will come in a set of 2?

Also what would be the best ECU for my 00 Si H22?
Old 02-16-2005, 04:40 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Ebay question

no, do not assume anything on ebay.....ive seen them go as 1 or a set, just read the description and itll say.....
Old 02-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

cam gears really aren't all that useful on an otherwise stock engine. Unless your doing it strickly for looks. But typically they are priced individually, so buyer beware.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Also, a lot of people seem to like the P28 ECU on the H22. But you really would have to have it remapped as the fuel curves aren't that great for the H22, and it also wont control the secondary intake butterflies.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Siextreme
cam gears really aren't all that useful on an otherwise stock engine. Unless your doing it strickly for looks. But typically they are priced individually, so buyer beware.
Im not going to leave it stock that is just where I'm going to (sort of) start.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:45 PM

Also, a lot of people seem to like the P28 ECU on the H22. But you really would have to have it remapped as the fuel curves aren't that great for the H22, and it also wont control the secondary intake butterflies.
OK, I'm not the brightest guy here.. Can you explain what you just wrote.. Break it down a little more for me..
Thanks.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

i got lost to?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Registered member

ok.. ok.. here goes

The P28 ECU out of a civic vtec is what a lot of people with the H22 find works the best. However the P28 does not use, nor does it have provisions for a knock sensor. Which doesn't really make a huge hell of a difference as your knock sensor typically wont save your engine if something happenes.

Another thing that the P28 ecu does not control are the secondary intake butterflies in your intake manifold. Inside of your intake manifold (if your using a stock H22 intake manifold) are two sets of runners. At idle and lower rpms only half of them are used. This helps with lower rpm torque. At a higher RPM the other half open up via a solinoid on the back of your enigne. This solinoid is controlled by the normal P13 H22 computer, but the P28 is not setup for them, so they will not open. What most people do is to disconnect them, and just leave them open all the time. It hurts a little bit of the power off the line, but not some much to make a difference.

The other difference is that the fuel curves (amount of time the fuel injectors are open), and the timing curves aren't quite right for the H22. The engine that the P28 was intended to operate requires less fuel to function than the bigger H22. The easist way to fix this is to have the ECU reprogrammed (chipped) to use better fuel/timing curves.

Hope this helps you some.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:29 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

ok.. ok.. here goes

The P28 ECU out of a civic vtec is what a lot of people with the H22 find works the best. However the P28 does not use, nor does it have provisions for a knock sensor. Which doesn't really make a huge hell of a difference as your knock sensor typically wont save your engine if something happenes.

Another thing that the P28 ecu does not control are the secondary intake butterflies in your intake manifold. Inside of your intake manifold (if your using a stock H22 intake manifold) are two sets of runners. At idle and lower rpms only half of them are used. This helps with lower rpm torque. At a higher RPM the other half open up via a solinoid on the back of your enigne. This solinoid is controlled by the normal P13 H22 computer, but the P28 is not setup for them, so they will not open. What most people do is to disconnect them, and just leave them open all the time. It hurts a little bit of the power off the line, but not some much to make a difference.

The other difference is that the fuel curves (amount of time the fuel injectors are open), and the timing curves aren't quite right for the H22. The engine that the P28 was intended to operate requires less fuel to function than the bigger H22. The easist way to fix this is to have the ECU reprogrammed (chipped) to use better fuel/timing curves.

Hope this helps you some.
so what are you really trying to say here bro?