Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

E36 LUV?

Old 04-13-2015, 12:14 PM
Don't quit!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia
Default Re: E36 LUV?

Originally Posted by tooserious4u79
I did a 2.5 swap in a 318 these cars are very easy to work on. They ride like they are on rails but watch out for rear subframe failures this plagued the e36 and some e46s. When this happens the thin sheetmetal holding the rear diff carrier to the car breaks not from corrosion but fatigue. M3's already have them welded in. If you go the bmw swap route the cluster and ecu have to be changed if it is not a certain part number there is one ecu that works with every eng i forgot what number. I have since sold that car it maybe still in the area it is green with 3 series on the side with m3 front bumper and loud straight thru exhaust.
Yea they aren't as complicated as I thought. Not a whole lot of electronics like the newer cars and more of a driving experience imo.
No electric power steering and nanny gizmos to annoy you.

The one I was eying got sold, now im debating on a C4 Corvette or look for another one. I do like the 318 hatch, kinda a quirky look to it.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tooserious4u79 has disabled reputation
Default Re: E36 LUV?

On 318ti dot org a guy swapped a ls2 in and wrapped it around a tree. The crazy thing is it still kept its 50/50 weight distribution the 1.8 in those thing are heavy as crap