Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Dyno or Not?

Old 01-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Busa Cap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tmac85 is on a distinguished road
Default Dyno or Not?

We are interested in purchasing a dyno for our shop on mercury blvd. We are going to set up dyno drag racing. It will show 1/4 mile times, 1/8 mile times, 0-60, etc. Also horsepower and torgue. The only problem is that it is quite expensive. And we are not sure if we have a big enough community around the hampton roads area to purchase one. Any feed back would be great. The more positive the better. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX
Default Re: Dyno or Not?

if it's not AWD...i'm not interested.

and as far as the whole "dyno drag racing"..i think thats pretty weak. It's good for estimations, but why doesn't everyone just carry a time slip. when you see a car you would like to race just compare the slips instead
Old 01-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point

good point gabe.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:50 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

if you dont think you can afford to get, and keep the dyno with your surrounding area, dont get it, cause your damn right there expensive, but well worth it if you have the support, if you can, get an awd dyno, tons of places have 2wd dyno's and tons of awd people wanting to get there shit dynoed and tuned locally but end up going out of state or upstate, youll be one of the only ones in like the surrounding 5 states, theres like what, 5 on the east coast or something like that, i know millenium plans to get one, but they have a real solid customer base, im not sure who they are getting to tune cars, cause thats a real pleaser too, if no one has heard of the tuner, they most likely will go somewhere that has feedback about a certain person tuning cars, so i guess the best solution is, make sure you have a good tuner and dont blow motors for the first couple months and youll be good, haha....
Old 01-24-2005, 04:51 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

and yes, dyno drag racing is gay.....ive seen people go, "man i ran a 13.2" and go to the track and run a 15.5, its just not the same with conditions and track factors, traction, nervousness, ha......
Old 01-24-2005, 05:03 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

the main thing about the whole dyno drag times is pretty gay. its completely useless IMO, not to mention a 3k option last i checked.

what kind of dyno, i presume it will be either a dynojet or mustang. 2 wheel dynos are in the range from 19k-35k, all depending on the install and hp capabilities.

4 wheel is where you get into money. i was going to do one here, and when i got my quote, it was 79k for a mustang, and then about 5k in options (wideband, five sensor logging, etc)

dynapack is pretty much junk, IMO. it works for tuning, case it will do a load so you can get results, but it usually gives a higher rating, and i dont much like a "hub dyno"
Old 01-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Busa Cap

Yeah its going to be a mustang, but we havnt decided to go awd or not. Its looking toward awd.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Busa Cap

when there is a money pot involved who cares if dyno drag is gay
Old 01-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

Originally Posted by Tmcmillian18
when there is a money pot involved who cares if dyno drag is gay
i would, because i know that my entrance fee would be supplying that pot and i have no control over my estimated "time slip".
Old 01-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

FumingSmoked is an unknown quantity at this point

what's the shop's name?

Quick Reply: Dyno or Not?