Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Dyno...

Old 05-06-2003, 05:43 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Dyno...

hey, i just recently got my first import (1994 Honda Civic Ex Coupe), ya know something i can build up, and ive got (engine wise)

Chikara headers
OBX cool air intake
Large Diameter piping
free flow cat
Arospeed exhaust muffler

Im curious to see what my car would get on the dyno... are there any dyno's around here where i can take my car, because im looking at rebuilding the engine, and i wanted to see what my gains are going to be... what does it cost to run on the dyno?
sorry if my questions are lame, but i have to start somewhere...thanks for your patients (sp?)...

::gear::
Old 05-06-2003, 05:45 PM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

abacus 363-8878
they got eveything you need dyno and machine shop.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Big Member

cokinut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dyno...

Originally posted by gear
hey, i just recently got my first import (1994 Honda Civic Ex Coupe), ya know something i can build up, and ive got (engine wise)

Chikara headers
OBX cool air intake
Large Diameter piping
free flow cat
Arospeed exhaust muffler

Im curious to see what my car would get on the dyno... are there any dyno's around here where i can take my car, because im looking at rebuilding the engine, and i wanted to see what my gains are going to be... what does it cost to run on the dyno?
sorry if my questions are lame, but i have to start somewhere...thanks for your patients (sp?)...

::gear::
good start. Patients -> Patience. And i wanna know, too, how much dyno runs usually cost.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:03 PM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

In NoVA, they're @ $80-90 / hr. Or you can catch DynoJets at special events and get 2 pulls for @ $40-$50.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

abacus usually charges 70-80 dollars for 3 pulls. for like 20 more you can use a A/F meter for fine tuning. The C.N.U. show you get 2 pulls for $20..
Old 05-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

cool deal, ill wait for some bigger mods before i lay down 80 bucks... even tho this is relatively off topic and i hope somebody responds is, I could care less about my car's apperance, as long as i can blow the money on performance parts.. my parents think the opposite and are MAKING me get a paintjob.. would maaco be okay just to get it looking DECENT? im also considering beefing up my D16z6 instead of swapping... that should pull real nice..
Old 05-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

i'd sand it down yourself before sending it to them. then it might come out descent. couldn't really help you on that one.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:12 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

some help is better then none.. thanks for the tip! it needs abit of body work, ive heard so many bad things about maaco, sigh, just wish me luck and ill post pictures. but if they paint my angel eyes or my muffler, I WILL KILL THEM
Old 05-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

take the eyes off, and maybe even take off the muffler. or at least make sure you wrap it up before you take it in. really the best thing to do to get a good paint job is to take all the body pannels off and paint them individually, off of the frame. but that takes some serious $$$
Old 05-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

well see, i just want it all one color, so its respectable... im not doing a body kit, im not doing any fancy schmancy stuff, because it gets in the way of racing... id rather build the engine up for a turbo... but, the steelies im rockin have gotta go...

Quick Reply: Dyno...