Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Dyeing my interior

Old 04-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Dyeing my interior

I hate the two tone tan and black scheme I have in my car right now and after pricing replacment parts for swaping the interior to straight black i decided that it was a little bit too much on the expensive side. On the site i was looking at the interior pieces i saw they also sell interior dye to dye the tan sections black. Anyone have any experiance doing this kind of work and have any info or suggestions on prepping and paint the interior pieces. I figure since im dyeing from a light tan color to black it shouldnt be too bad.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Tattoo man

93civicgone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dyeing my interior

ive repainted numerous interiors, its work, pulle everything wipe it all clean with alcohol or something to remove armor all and trash, tape of, use interior paint, or the krylon fusion works good on some plastics, theres some vinyl paints you can get its not to bad but you apropriate paint for each material, dont rush, keep it clean
Old 04-23-2007, 04:08 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Yeah, its not that hard, just time consuming. I can give you hand if/when you want to do it.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:02 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

paint tan black? blasphemy.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

I hate the "titanium" tan interior in my RSX. My wife had to have the White RSX and it only came in "titanium" interior. How hard is it do a complete interior? Actually just the A/B/C pillars, overhead trim, back seat panels, trunk panels to black. Seats, carpets, and door panels would be easy get type R stuff.
How does dyeing work? Do you soak the entire part? Someone explain to me
Old 04-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 93civicgone
ive repainted numerous interiors, its work, pulle everything wipe it all clean with alcohol or something to remove armor all and trash, tape of, use interior paint, or the krylon fusion works good on some plastics, theres some vinyl paints you can get its not to bad but you apropriate paint for each material, dont rush, keep it clean
Ya most of my interior is vinyl i think and what isnt is plastic. A place called 50resto.com makes a dye they claim almost perfectly matches the oem black interiors

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Yeah, its not that hard, just time consuming. I can give you hand if/when you want to do it.
Offer taken, this summer i'm doing it, you cant back out now. I found this on sn95forums.com(yes i know that site sucks) and he did a really good job with the black parts although the blue is too much i want to go all black.http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=9795.0

Originally Posted by Flite
paint tan black? blasphemy.
have you seen our interiors

Originally Posted by _crs
I hate the "titanium" tan interior in my RSX. My wife had to have the White RSX and it only came in "titanium" interior. How hard is it do a complete interior? Actually just the A/B/C pillars, overhead trim, back seat panels, trunk panels to black. Seats, carpets, and door panels would be easy get type R stuff.
How does dyeing work? Do you soak the entire part? Someone explain to me
I'm assuming you mean the material is titanium colored, otherwise dying metal could be slightly difficult.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:43 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

If you don't put black carpet in to match the rest of it, I'll smack you across the face.

And hopefully by that time I'll have a great deal to offer you on some black leather seats to match
Old 04-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
If you don't put black carpet in to match the rest of it, I'll smack you across the face.

And hopefully by that time I'll have a great deal to offer you on some black leather seats to match
ya carpet isnt that expensive, the back seats are getting ditched for a RSD, and hopefully i'll be able to get a black fr500 wheel too. I would go with a full on race wheel but i dont have a hook up for inspections. As far as the seats go i dunno i guess that depends how much you want for them i was just gonna put in a cheap pair of black racing seats until i had some dough to get some nice ones.

Last edited by QwanSanchez; 04-23-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 PM
EG Ferio Squad

Fonzzy has disabled reputation

i wanna see some pics of painted interiors
Old 04-25-2007, 03:30 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Truthfully, I'd live with it the way it is. IMO, it would look horrible if you tried to dye all that.

Quick Reply: Dyeing my interior