VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Drag VA GT3 Series? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/drag-va-gt3-series-29117/)

The Wok 10-16-2003 06:23 PM

Drag VA GT3 Series?

The series is up and running. Click here to view rules and to learn how to register. The original message is quoted below.

I do a lot of OLR (online racing) series' over at GTPlanet and I've seen a lot of people on here talk about GT3, so I figured we could make our own OLR series.

I'm not going to draw up complete rules until I'm sure there's enough interest (6-12 people,) but here's the basic rundown.

Cars:
  • Budget of 60,000Cr including the car.
  • Car must be bought from the dealership (no cars that were won, or bought from another memory card.)
  • Any drivetrain can be used. All cars will be in the same class.
Races:
  • Races will be 3 lap timetrials.
  • Sending in replays is not required. However, you must send lap times for all 3 laps with your total time.
  • Replays must be saved. In case someone doubts your time, trap times will be collected. If you're found cheating, you receive 0 points for that round.
  • Races must be run clean. No wall riding or corner cutting.

Scoring:
  • The first "season" will consist of 5 races.
  • Points will be determined by inverting your race position and multiplying by 2. Example:
    4 cars in series.
    1st place = 4x2=8
    2nd place = 3x2=6
    3rd place = 2x2=4
    4th place = 1x2=2
  • At the end of 5 races, person with the highest score will be crowned Drag VA GT3 Champion. :)

Again, if there is enough interest I will make a little site just for the series. I will also make up a track listing. Just reply if you're interested in doing it. You'd have 5 days to do each race and submit a time.

Roster:
mstr22u
vasponger
slammedscort
allmotormodular
0psi
Egz

hovocx 10-16-2003 06:27 PM

im all for it, just need to get my ps2 back from my friend's jackass bro who stole it from him

vasponger 10-16-2003 06:40 PM

sounds cool,,,... id do it... whats this clean racing bullshit though!

"RUBBINGS RACING"

AllMotorModular 10-16-2003 08:02 PM

yea really. and this budget. why cant i bust out my 9 second flat skyline????

SlammedScort 10-16-2003 08:59 PM

I would put my garage up against anyone! I need to get online for my ps2 though!

S dot Camp 10-17-2003 04:34 AM

Sounds like fun. I would participate.

Egz 10-17-2003 04:44 AM

Don't make me break out my Vitz!

The Wok 10-17-2003 04:48 AM

Originally posted by SlammedScort
I would put my garage up against anyone! I need to get online for my ps2 though!
You don't have to be online, GT3 isn't online. Read the post again. :)

The Wok 10-17-2003 04:49 AM

We have enough people to do this now, I'll get to work on it when I get home from work. :D

S dot Camp 10-17-2003 05:19 AM

How are we going to make certain that people only spend a total of 60k?