Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Dodge Dart SRT4 FWD/AWD?

Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion
Default Dodge Dart SRT4 FWD/AWD?

http://www.ontariostreetcar.com/2012...4-information/

-Recent preliminary sketch

Hasn't officially released about the Dart SRT4 being awd but speculation is that there may be two versions such as a 275hp fwd and a over 300+ awd version. Seems promising and willing to trade my car in if it comes out in awd. Opinions?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Awd would be pretty cool.

I guess trying to compete with Mitsubishi and Subaru in the turbo awd sedan market. I'm not sure if I would get one though.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:50 AM
Registered Member

Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker
Default Re: Dodge Dart SRT4 FWD/AWD?

Maybe they learned their lesson from the Neon and if they try to go head to head to with Mitsu and Subaru in the I4 turbo market, they should go AWD.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:07 AM

slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion

Originally Posted by Hijacker View Post
Maybe they learned their lesson from the Neon and if they try to go head to head to with Mitsu and Subaru in the I4 turbo market, they should go AWD.
They have some room to spend with SRT being it's own brand along with already having a bulletproof 2.4 developed from the caliber. Have to see what Ralph Gilles conjures up with this one
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 AM
Registered Member

BenJaminM451 has disabled reputation

I think its a pretty handsome car. Also, i absolutely love the interiors on the nicer models.
But, fwd, awd, or both, im really excited to see what the srt will look like.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I wonder if Fiat or Dodge was the force behind this. I can't imagine that this is going to stay in north America only.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

That's awesome news if true. Subaru and Mitsubishi have been the only big players in that market for too long. I think the Dart looks great and if they can make it drive great too then it'll be one hell of a car.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Race B&on View Post
That's awesome news if true. Subaru and Mitsubishi have been the only big players in that market for too long. I think the Dart looks great and if they can make it drive great too then it'll be one hell of a car.
Praying they make it awd to make it competitive against the import awds. For me, I love my wrong-wheel drive caliber srt4 but willing to trade it in for awd dart, might be able to even swap parts over if it's a similiar 2.4L from the caliber.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:01 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by slomotion View Post
Praying they make it awd to make it competitive against the import awds. For me, I love my wrong-wheel drive caliber srt4 but willing to trade it in for awd dart, might be able to even swap parts over if it's a similiar 2.4L from the caliber.
I wouldn't count on it, Honda still has the k series motors out but the 2012+ k series motors do not have as many interchanging parts with the previous generation of motors. I would go further into detail but nobody cares about Hondas.

Just be weary of interchangeable parts, it probably won't happen.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by Yep4doors View Post
I wouldn't count on it, Honda still has the k series motors out but the 2012+ k series motors do not have as many interchanging parts with the previous generation of motors. I would go further into detail but nobody cares about Hondas.

Just be weary of interchangeable parts, it probably won't happen.
+1 to that. All these companies wouldn't make as much money on new parts if the old ones would interchange.

Quick Reply: Dodge Dart SRT4 FWD/AWD?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: