Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Do You Want To Go Faster?

Old 06-11-2010, 06:02 AM
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Do You Want To Go Faster?

More importantly do you want "Bon Qui Qui" and her 4 roudy kids in the back seat that has more of her attention than the road to be able to too? LEGALLY?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lo...-83395107.html

Discuss...

Spoiler

Old 06-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do You Want To Go Faster?

A positive.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:32 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Its cool but us here in lynchburg arent going to see it
Old 06-11-2010, 06:57 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

I'm all for it, 65mph is way too slow on some parts of interstate. There is a stretch on 64W between Lexington and Clifton Forge that I've taken many times, I normally see maybe 5 cars on my side of interstate in roughly 45 miles, no reason spots like that should stay 65mph.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

That's the dilemma.... I would be comfortable and safe cruising at 100-120 w/o issue. I have the right car for it, I keep my car in proper mechanical condition, and I have track experience and know proper situational awareness i.e where to look and what to expect of other people around me on the road etc.

The average fools we have to deal with driving on a daily basis really have no business behind the wheel, let alone going fast.... they don't pay attention, don't know the basic rules of the road, don't have common sense, and many don't keep their cars in safe operating condition.

That said, people allready go 80 when/where they want to so I don't see this 5 mph increase changing much of anything. If anything, it'll result in more reckless tickets b/c they're not changing the over 80 law.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
That's the dilemma.... I would be comfortable and safe cruising at 100-120 w/o issue. I have the right car for it, I keep my car in proper mechanical condition, and I have track experience and know proper situational awareness i.e where to look and what to expect of other people around me on the road etc.

The average fools we have to deal with driving on a daily basis really have no business behind the wheel, let alone going fast.... they don't pay attention, don't know the basic rules of the road, don't have common sense, and many don't keep their cars in safe operating condition.

That said, people allready go 80 when/where they want to so I don't see this 5 mph increase changing much of anything. If anything, it'll result in more reckless tickets b/c they're not changing the over 80 law.
You'll still have your elderly people who drive 55-60 too. I don't know why they drive so slow, those fuckers about to die. They should be going as fast as they can, and not spend the last of their shit filled lives on the road creating accidents, traffic jams, and helping kids how to learn to hold their pee for the past two decades.

Oh is I-64W heading to Richmond going to increase to 70?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Finally.

Try doing 55.... Hell, try doing 65 on the beltway. (When it's not at a standstill)
Old 06-11-2010, 08:34 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by Jay
Finally.

Try doing 55.... Hell, try doing 65 on the beltway. (When it's not at a standstill)
I don't phux with the belt way no more. I was there a week or so ago coming up from Richmond on 95 when they literally shut everyone down from doing like 80 to a stand still for over an hour becuase they were doing road work on the most of 495. DC traffic is a mother Tucker.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:36 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

LOL at Creigh Deeds' reasoning that increasing the speed limit decreases the cushion between simple speeding and reckless. Well yeah stupid, but it widens the cushion between simple speeding and no infraction at all, and honestly the average person is more likely to be done for simple speeding rather than reckless.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

Originally Posted by Jay
Finally.

theres a vid some where out there.. of 4-5 cars side by side going 55 on the belt way.. people were going ape shit.. backed up for miles and miles.. one work van passed on the shoulder and broke their mirror off.. ill see if I can find it..

Quick Reply: Do You Want To Go Faster?