Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Do I need a valid inspection to get first time plates on a car?

Old 06-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drpbme has disabled reputation
Default Do I need a valid inspection to get first time plates on a car?

Alright well I just bought some little integra POS beater to get me back and forth to work, I have insurance and all that but I am wondering if I absolutely have to have an inspection to title it and register it and get plates on it? It seems idiotic to me that I'd need an inspection to get plates because that'd mean driving it to a shop with no plates. I know there's trip permits but I have no idea how that'd work. I just need to be able to drive it without an inspection till my next check because I have to get the exhaust welded back on.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.
Default Re: Do I need a valid inspection to get first time plates on a car?

It doesnt have to be inspected to get plates. But theres a hige chance youll get pulled over for no sticker. Its always smart to get a inspection before you put va plates on.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:42 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

If you are in VA, yes.

Can you do it without? Yes.

Should you? no

You say it is for a DD, then take the steps to do it right, unless you like to rack up tickets and become a target.

You know what else seems idiotic? You need valid ID to get a state issued ID. yeah, welcome to the real world, and bureaucratic fun. You can drive all you want without state required "permits", you will pay more in tickets and fines than your car is worth.

IBINSPECTIONSTICKERHELPTHREAD!

Last edited by TATTRAT; 06-26-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

Drpbme has disabled reputation

Im trying to do it right man but think about it this way, its either do it wrong for a week and fix it in another two or be unemployed and homeless with a car i can't even park to live in. I'd rather another ticket then lose my job and home. It'll only be for two weeks, probably less if I can barrow the money for it from one of my buddies or sell the wheels off of my beamer.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:09 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Drpbme View Post
Im trying to do it right man but think about it this way, its either do it wrong for a week and fix it in another two or be unemployed and homeless with a car i can't even park to live in. I'd rather another ticket then lose my job and home. It'll only be for two weeks, probably less if I can barrow the money for it from one of my buddies or sell the wheels off of my beamer.
Honda life, baby. That's how it roll.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:13 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
Honda life, baby. That's how it roll.
$LEVEL$
Old 06-26-2013, 07:14 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
$LEVEL$
maybe SHOULD have thrown in those puppies.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

You know, for it's worth, this is a great example for advocates of smaller government to show how onerous regulations and fees directly hamper the poor and prevent upward socioeconomic mobility. While these petty fines, fees, and rules are begrudgingly navigated and avoided by the more fortunate usually because it's less hassle to submit than to complain, these state mandates as they always do hurt the poor and are another obstacle for someone trying to improve their standard of living.

Also OP is a faggot
Old 06-26-2013, 07:24 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
maybe SHOULD have thrown in those puppies.
Ek hatches with no titles, invalid inspections, dead tags and suspended licenses, and pitbull puppies for trade.

Fuck the haters.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Registered member

lebaneezy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by POS DSM View Post
You know, for it's worth, this is a great example for advocates of smaller government to show how onerous regulations and fees directly hamper the poor and prevent upward socioeconomic mobility. While these petty fines, fees, and rules are begrudgingly navigated and avoided by the more fortunate usually because it's less hassle to submit than to complain, these state mandates as they always do hurt the poor and are another obstacle for someone trying to improve their standard of living.
Also OP is a faggot

What poor? Did you not see op drives a beamer, WITH wheels.

Quick Reply: Do I need a valid inspection to get first time plates on a car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: