Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Did anyone ship their car recently ?

Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blade2fast has disabled reputation
Default Did anyone ship their car recently ?

wanna buy a car from an auction in VA, Confused about carriers options. any advise ?
Old 10-19-2012, 02:34 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Did anyone ship their car recently ?

not enough info.

type of auction? dealer/eBay/dealer-only auction

from where to where?

www.uship.com
Old 10-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Registered member

Mirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to all
Default Re: Did anyone ship their car recently ?

I shipped a truck from NV to VA earlier this year. I used uship.com, which provided me with a number of bids to choose from. I ended up using Capitol Auto Transport, who is a broker, and set me up with Anvar Logistics LLC (seems the truckers at Anvar are all russian which was a little difficult when talking to them, but I found it more amusing).

The broker fee was $195 and wasnt charged until the truck was put on the carrier. The shipping fee, which I paid directly to the driver on delivery, was $910. The guy's name from CAT was Dakota. Seemed to have pretty good reviews from a little research I did. I wouldnt request Anvar if you have a car with nice paint. The hydraulics on the shipping truck seemed to leak a bit and splashed oil onto the body of my truck. Didnt bother me as it is in primer, but wouldnt not have been pleased otherwise.