Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

denbigh auto body

Old 03-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiophile24 has disabled reputation
Thumbs down denbigh auto body

okay heres the situation i had my boss at work hit the side of my car about 10 months ago. i took the car to denbigh auto body to be fixed. they did an okay job nothing outstanding great color matching skills i have to give them that. i had DA swirls but i could overlook that for the time being but i had vinyl graphics put on the car "flames" to be exact. well the other day when i was washing the car i noticed that there were two "bubbles" under the vinyl. i though tokay its time to take off the flames they are getting crappy on me(starting to bubble up and eventually peel off) so i get out the heat gun and i set it on low to begin the tedious task of removing the graphics. well they come off of the passenger side no hitches and they come off the drivers side of the car fine until i get to the spot where the bubbles were. when i heated it up got it good and soft RIP!! the paint was the actual culprit in this case not the vinyl. the paint was bubbled under the vinyl. so now im hot i take a while to cool off and i go at it again this time for the second bubble well the bubble pops under the vinyl and i have a wrinlke in the finish so now i figure that its the paint that was the problem. so i go back to denbigh auto body and he says basically its my fault and he is not gonna back up his warranty. and i say if it was my fault then why did it not do that all over the car and not just where i had the repair done? he said i heated the paint too much and boiled it when i was removing the vinyl. i then again stated that if that was the case would it not have happened to the entire car? we go on and on(talking in circles) for about an hour and finally i give up and he says it will be 350.00 to fix. so i leave feeling thoroughly raped. in all my years dealing with automobiles have i ever had any problems removing decals or in applying them. hell the last car i had decals on was painted at earl scheibs and even their 199.95 paintjob held up to having decals removed from it. basically a word to the wise you can take your car to denbigh autobody just dont expect the work to warranteed.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Sleeper

chrome302jr has disabled reputation
Default Re: denbigh auto body

I went in their one day and there was some chinese guy that really didnt seem like he knew shit, I went to Bay Custom instead. I really dont trust places like that.

Maybe you wont put on decals anymore?
Old 03-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

i dunno if i will or wont put on stickers. (they make your car go faster you know!!) lol bay custom wanted 3grand to do the same job but hey i was not paying for it i shoulda went there or bruces in williamsburg. it was a freinds insurance that paid so i tried to keep it from hurting him too badly.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

any suggestions as to where i should get this properly done?
Old 03-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Common Sense Beer

kemist will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by audiophile24
any suggestions as to where i should get this properly done?
Bay Custom
Old 03-12-2004, 03:58 PM
THE FIASCO

blasko is on a distinguished road

i work with denbigh autobody all the time and never ever ever not even once ever heard a complaint.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

well i geuss i am the first complaint. but they did a good job on the color match maybe just low quality paint?
Old 03-13-2004, 06:51 PM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

i never had problems with them and there employees i also paint cars and it sounds to me like either
a- you did heat to much
or
b-maybe there is some rust in there some were
rust is know for making paint bubble

try hy tech or suttle bay is great but if you aint got the loot
try fox in glouchester
Old 03-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

okay those were not rust bubbles. they were air bubbles where the paint did not adhere to the car too well. and b if i did heat it too much then would i not have had the same problem all over the car and not just in the spot i had them repair?
Old 03-14-2004, 04:35 PM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

not neccesarly(sc) but if it did not stick there wouldnt it also not stick in other places to the car also but there is no point complaining about it now it already done just do what you gotta do and fix it

Quick Reply: denbigh auto body