Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: Which would you choose
98-02 BMW Z3
10.00%
1st gen Miata
60.00%
Brock is gay
40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Decisions decisions... Roadster help...

Old 09-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Re: Decisions decisions... Roadster help...

Being 6'5 myself I would never want to own one of these cars because you can't move at all. Maybe look at a 350z conv.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:21 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Vin check, call Mazda and have them run the vin, there is also a spreadsheet on one of the miata forums of what year cars came equipped with what.

Ill bring it up if I make it to a computer, unless you look it up first.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:24 AM
Registered member

valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1

Vin check by calling mazda.

Also: http://www.miata.net/faq/usedmx5.html
Old 09-13-2013, 04:41 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

Originally Posted by -JB-
Being 6'5 myself I would never want to own one of these cars because you can't move at all. Maybe look at a 350z conv.
The NA's actually have plenty of room compared to the NB's and I can sit comfortable in these. But I'm also use to small cars. This is more of a toy anyways. I never believed what people told me about the NA's until I finally got to sit in one someone had when I was looking at a cheap DD and mentioned something about the miata being small. I would have bought that one but he wasn't selling it due to putting a 5.0 in it.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably piss the guy at the dealership off but oh well. I want a good starting point and have a DD for the time being so I don't have to buy it right away like I would normally when I sell a vehicle I drive alot like I did with my rx8.

Last edited by Slooby; 09-13-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Fun/toy car is hitting the nail on the head. My brother has a supercharged N-gay with a roll bar and every time I drive/ride, I feel like I'm in a roller coaster car rather than on the streets. Pretty much a constant smile whenever I'm in that thing. Now I want one, lol.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:29 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Originally Posted by Yardjass
Fun/toy car is hitting the nail on the head. My brother has a supercharged N-gay with a roll bar and every time I drive/ride, I feel like I'm in a roller coaster car rather than on the streets. Pretty much a constant smile whenever I'm in that thing. Now I want one, lol.
That's how i was when I use to ride in my friends NB. And for was suprisingly quick for a nimble little car with the S/C on low boost. I kept hearing people refer to them as a go cart in car form.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:06 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
Make sure it came with the factory LSD, will save you money from buying one.
In 92 it was still viscous so it's not going to be that great, and won't be able to hold up with more power as the sealed inner unit with the fancy silicone fluid will just roast. So even if it has an open diff, and is perfect otherwise, just buy it. You'll be plenty happy and miata parts are extremely common.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Originally Posted by brandini
In 92 it was still viscous so it's not going to be that great, and won't be able to hold up with more power as the sealed inner unit with the fancy silicone fluid will just roast. So even if it has an open diff, and is perfect otherwise, just buy it. You'll be plenty happy and miata parts are extremely common.
Ok, i know one the NB the rx7 diff housing will fit and its stronger, plus after helping my friend replace his a couple of times because he kept breaking the factory ones I have replaced them a few times. I might just get a good LSD and replace both at the same for a stronger setup in the rear overall.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:46 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Exactly, you'll be upping to an NB unit with a Torsen or going Quiaife or some other brand anyway, no sense paying for something you'll need to upgrade later.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:38 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by brandini
Exactly, you'll be upping to an NB unit with a Torsen or going Quiaife or some other brand anyway, no sense paying for something you'll need to upgrade later.
Yeah I completely forgot that the 90-93 na's were viscous. I was thinking they were Torsen's.

Quick Reply: Decisions decisions... Roadster help...