Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

DC2 Susp Questions

Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Drives a "black" dc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta
Default DC2 Susp Questions

Okay, so basically i have a teg with 17s with 205/40/17s, i don't want/ wont change this, i love the look. I have it dropped down on eBay coil overs and some decent struts, cant remember the name.
And the rides good, but i live in the suffolk area and the roads around here suck, when i hit minor bumps feels like i just blew a freaking tire out. I was wondering what would be a good setup that rides good and will allow me to stay low, anything under 600? or what would be something nice on a budget?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 PM
fuck this shit

grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn
Default Re: DC2 Susp Questions

Stock struts over Ground Control coilovers, or if you're trying to spend a little more, use kyb agx's. Tein and skunk2 struts are a little more stiff and thus more bouncy. running 17's on a teg though might be a bit too big. 16 is the ideal wheel size. you can tuck a little better. maybe you should roll your fenders. pm me if you want help or whatever.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You need softer springs, and softer damping. Mostly softer springs though. Damping adds some stiffness over bumps, but mostly the spring stiffness is what makes the ride really hard. You could have completely blown struts and you'll still have a crashy ride over bumps if you have stiff springs and low profile tires with heavy wheels. Basically spring rate and damping can be almost totally unrelated.

Also, if you're lowered to the point that you don't have much suspension travel left, even small bumps can make the ride feel really crashy.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Drives a "black" dc2

Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta
Thumbs up Re: DC2 Susp Questions

Really appreciate the info guys, so ive did some looking, and i think i'm guna go with this combo

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idproduct=1665

with

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...&idproduct=366

Subtotal: $568.00

Any objections? anything better/cheaper? Know any better/cheaper websites?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 PM
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

^ I would just upgrade the Skunk2's and get Koni's since you live in Suffolk area... Koni's have a lifetime warranty. If you blow one, send it back and get it replaced =)
Old 03-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Drives a "black" dc2

Whats a good site that has most of everything, ever time i look for things i get some sites that sell them for like 300, then some sell for 600. Any sites recommended?
Old 03-21-2009, 04:49 AM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

im pretty sure someone around here is selling koni's used for cheap. search the forums. i bet you;ll find a deal.

on another note, those 17's r killin u out here bro. i had 17's and switched to 16's and even being low to the ground, my ride felt fine after the switch!

jussayin
Old 03-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Drives a "black" dc2

Yea i know they are, but im sure i would be 110% better off without these ebay ass coilovers, the springs are stiff as hellll. Thanks for the input guys... Still any one know a good site to pick up suspension parts for decent price?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:15 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by theneonorder
Yea i know they are, but im sure i would be 110% better off without these ebay ass coilovers, the springs are stiff as hellll. Thanks for the input guys... Still any one know a good site to pick up suspension parts for decent price?
not all sites sell everything.

off the shelf ground controls are not gonna solve your shitty ride. the stiffness of the springs greatly adds to your jarring effect. s-techs are soft and you can compliment them with a stock replacement shock and be in a good price range. is there a certin height you are trying to achieve? If you are super low that shitty tire blowing feeling may be your uca's hitting the chock towers
Old 03-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Drives a "black" dc2

I couldnt even begin to tell you the EXACT height of my car, i know nothing hits the ground my car isnt as low as most.

Thats my car

Quick Reply: DC2 Susp Questions