Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

db drag racing

Old 12-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vadbdrag has disabled reputation
Default db drag racing

So does anyone in here do any sound off car shows or participate in any?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:37 PM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW
Default Re: db drag racing

Hmm...I don't hear/read much about it on this forum, however that doesn't mean it's not popular.

Y is the title drag racing but then you ask about sound off car shows?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JROW
Hmm...I don't hear/read much about it on this forum, however that doesn't mean it's not popular.

Y is the title drag racing but then you ask about sound off car shows?
because the title isn't drag racing, the title is DB drag racing. There is a huge difference in the two of them. You must read grasshopper before you ask Y,
Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB_drag_racing
Old 12-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by yeldak99

OR you can go to www.termpro.com but thats not why I'm here. I figured if I post on a car forum based for VA, then I'm in the right place to maybe shed more light on those who love LOUD cars! I just wish HIN would pick it up, but too many girls to look at so you'd never pay attension, HAHAHA
Old 12-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

Originally Posted by vadbdrag
OR you can go to www.termpro.com but thats not why I'm here. I figured if I post on a car forum based for VA, then I'm in the right place to maybe shed more light on those who love LOUD cars! I just wish HIN would pick it up, but too many girls to look at so you'd never pay attension, HAHAHA
black people like loud cars
Old 12-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DisturbedFocus
black people like loud cars
trust me, white people like loud cars too! So its an even toss.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I used to compete with my friend back in the late 90s, it was his car (Jeep actually) and I helped with installs and electronics support. Went to the world finals in Nashville, had fun, hung out with Alma Gates and a few other of the original heavy hitters. He was the first amateur competitor to hit over 160dB, and was sponsored by Orion and MTX, then Digital Designs (DD). I've got a couple of SPL magazines somewhere with feature articles in them, I'm in a few pictures with him and the Jeep. I haven't done anything with SPL stuff in the last 10 years though, he moved away (graduated from VT) and I wouldn't ever spend the money on that stuff myself. If you've been around the scene long enough, you may remember a gray Cherokee with a steel cage on the exterior, everyone knew that car from the magazines and the World Finals coverage. I wonder if I find my Competitor badge from Nashville, it's got to be hanging around somewhere..

Last edited by Fabrik8; 12-16-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I used to compete with my friend back in the late 90s, it was his car (Jeep actually) and I helped with installs and electronics support. Went to the world finals in Nashville, had fun, hung out with Alma Gates and a few other of the original heavy hitters. He was the first amateur competitor to hit over 160dB, and was sponsored by Orion and MTX, then Digital Designs (DD). I've got a couple of SPL magazines somewhere with feature articles in them, I'm in a few pictures with him and the Jeep. I haven't done anything with SPL stuff in the last 10 years though, he moved away (graduated from VT) and I wouldn't ever spend the money on that stuff myself. If you've been around the scene long enough, you may remember a gray Cherokee with a steel cage on the exterior, everyone knew that car from the magazines and the World Finals coverage. I wonder if I find my Competitor badge from Nashville, it's got to be hanging around somewhere..
Well, my friend, I do run DD subs and amps! DD are the loudest subwoofer aval. they switch finals up in other places these days. Its no longer in nashville and they have 3 different locations. I'm apart of a team that does very well. Maybe you've heard of team BK? But yea, the 160 mark is where you have to be these days or else your a nobody which sucks! But they came out with a bassrace....more info on that later!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by vadbdrag
Well, my friend, I do run DD subs and amps! DD are the loudest subwoofer aval. they switch finals up in other places these days. Its no longer in nashville and they have 3 different locations. I'm apart of a team that does very well. Maybe you've heard of team BK? But yea, the 160 mark is where you have to be these days or else your a nobody which sucks! But they came out with a bassrace....more info on that later!
One note before I head to bed, we're also trying out some different styles of ways to make things loud, but alan dante did in fact break the 180DB mark and he also broke deathmatch 3 times all over 176dbs

Quick Reply: db drag racing