Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

daisy-chaining an amp..

Old 02-22-2005, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kingkoopa15 has disabled reputation
Default daisy-chaining an amp..

i wanna daisy chain my amp with another amp to power my speakers.. do i need to run a another set of power, ground and remote wires? if i do i figured i could just wire it into the amp thats already in my car now.. is that a good idea or would it mess anything up? would just wiring the remote to the other amp mess anything up? would having more than one power wire on the positive side of the battery mess anything up? im just trying to find an easy way to do it so i dont have to run alot of new wire thru the passenger compartment

amp already in car - rockford P2002..
amp i want to daisy-chain - coustics 350u
Old 02-22-2005, 08:34 PM
MVP Member

ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz
Default Re: daisy-chaining an amp..

I'm not real sure what daisy chain is but I can answer the rest of the questions. You dont wanna run the power wire to the one amp then from there to the other. Get a distribution block and run seperate power wires. Do the same for ground. As far as the remote goes you could do like you said. It is such a low amount of power in that wire anyways
Old 02-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ChvyOnDubz
I'm not real sure what daisy chain is but I can answer the rest of the questions. You dont wanna run the power wire to the one amp then from there to the other. Get a distribution block and run seperate power wires. Do the same for ground. As far as the remote goes you could do like you said. It is such a low amount of power in that wire anyways
Unless your amp is strappable then I doubt you can diasy chain them. I dont know the specs on it.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:13 PM

i dont got the cash for a D-block.. haha.. would it be bad on my battery to run an 8G power to it when i already have a 4G on it already..
Old 02-22-2005, 10:32 PM

ttt
Old 02-23-2005, 08:55 AM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

i mean i dont think so but if you want to go through hassel of running another power wire then go for it but yeah dont run the power wires from one amp to the other and same with ground but you can do it with the remote. i would suggest getting another rockford or a distribution block. my old rockfords had chainability through rca cords.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

D blocks are cheap, suck it up. You can get them for $10-15 without fuseholders if you already have a fuse somewhere else.