Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Dagger GT

Old 08-15-2010, 04:08 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Dagger GT

Not sure if this is a repost, if it is I'm sorry: http://www.gtr-xs.com/index.html

Dagger GT

Not in production yet, testing scheduled for 2011

Projected specs:

bhp: 2000 on race gas, 1300 on pump
1:1.5 hp to pound ratio (nearly 1,333hp per ton)
1/4 ET: 6.6 @ 204mph
mpg at 300+ mph: 4
top speed: 314mph (calculated, not proven)
60-0 braking: 100 feet
0-60-0: 4 seconds
Base price: $500,000

To me this was the most impressive figure:

0-60: sub 1.5 (calculated)

-At top speed (314mph) it would drain it's 24 gallon fuel tank in 6 minutes
-Expected to set VIR track record (2:45.9)
-Brembo 8 piston caliper coupled with 15" discs in the front
-Complete carbon fiber body
-Founder holds a bachelor of science from Virginia Tech
-Apparently their goal is to make the car streetable by allowing the driver to cut off boost (ecu map changes), inject race gas (extra fuel cell?), and change ride height all from within the car for when it's street driven, then adjust it back for a track day.
-If you set off with a full 24 gallon tank and drove at 300+ mph you'd not only empty the tank in 6 minutes, but also achieve a remarkable 31 mile range on a full tank. So first mod for any buyer should probably be a long range fuel cell, not that there's likely to be anywhere that you could/would do 300+mph for 6 minutes straight.

IF this ever makes it to production (which I think is doubtful) it will be street legal, American made, and my new favorite car in the world, everything from the specs to the design seem so out there that it almost looks like a joke. Thoughts? Speculation as to whether what they're claiming can and could realistically be done, basically what they're talking about doing here is destroying the SSC Ultimate Aero TT's record for about 100 grand less. The guys behind this say that they plan on using this car (if it is successful) to fund other, more tame cars for us normal folks. So what do you think about this thing? I'm not getting my hopes up until I see some more proof but it's still nice to know that we're poised to break our own fastest production car top speed record.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dagger GT

damn. that is fucking dope. i hope it gets produced, not that i'll ever be able to afford one.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:26 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
Not sure if this is a repost, if it is I'm sorry: http://www.gtr-xs.com/index.html

Dagger GT

Not in production yet, testing scheduled for 2011

Projected specs:

bhp: 2000 on race gas, 1300 on pump
1:1.5 hp to pound ratio (nearly 1,333hp per ton)
1/4 ET: 6.6 @ 204mph
mpg at 300+ mph: 4
top speed: 314mph (calculated, not proven)
60-0 braking: 100 feet
0-60-0: 4 seconds
Base price: $500,000

To me this was the most impressive figure:

0-60: sub 1.5 (calculated)

-At top speed (314mph) it would drain it's 24 gallon fuel tank in 6 minutes
-Expected to set VIR track record (2:45.9)
-Brembo 8 piston caliper coupled with 15" discs in the front
-Complete carbon fiber body
-Founder holds a bachelor of science from Virginia Tech
-Apparently their goal is to make the car streetable by allowing the driver to cut off boost (ecu map changes), inject race gas (extra fuel cell?), and change ride height all from within the car for when it's street driven, then adjust it back for a track day.
-If you set off with a full 24 gallon tank and drove at 300+ mph you'd not only empty the tank in 6 minutes, but also achieve a remarkable 31 mile range on a full tank. So first mod for any buyer should probably be a long range fuel cell, not that there's likely to be anywhere that you could/would do 300+mph for 6 minutes straight.

IF this ever makes it to production (which I think is doubtful) it will be street legal, American made, and my new favorite car in the world, everything from the specs to the design seem so out there that it almost looks like a joke. Thoughts? Speculation as to whether what they're claiming can and could realistically be done, basically what they're talking about doing here is destroying the SSC Ultimate Aero TT's record for about 100 grand less. The guys behind this say that they plan on using this car (if it is successful) to fund other, more tame cars for us normal folks. So what do you think about this thing? I'm not getting my hopes up until I see some more proof but it's still nice to know that we're poised to break our own fastest production car top speed record.
I can make up a make believe car with all sorts of bullshit specs that will defy physics too, will that make your favorite car list too?
Old 08-15-2010, 04:28 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by itsoverton
damn. that is fucking dope. i hope it gets produced, not that i'll ever be able to afford one.
lol me either but hopefully the car will be a success and they'll go on to make cars that normal people like you and me can afford, hell I'd like to see them mix it up with the big 3 cause it seems like they have quite a team assembled and I bet they'd make great street cars.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:28 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by shawn22
I can make up a make believe car with all sorts of bullshit specs that will defy physics too, will that make your favorite car list too?
If you follow it up with actual production as I specified.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

Mecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the rough

Would it even be safe/ aerodynamically sound to have an open cabin like that? Wonder what 300+ mph top down would feel like? But that is a pretty impressive design, hopefully they will start producing this.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:32 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

so lets get this straight. some guy dreams of a car that will go 314mph and then price it at 1/4 the cost of a bugatti. the only car company i can think of that losses money on every model made, also it will out perform every vehicle on the planet and run door to door with top fuel dragsters...all while being made in the US? lawlz. ill give you a bj if it happens as planned. full homo too.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:33 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
If you follow it up with actual production as I specified.
I'll even tell you I can produce it, even though its completetly unrealistic to think that I could even come CLOSE to the specs provided.

Will you invest money into me? I'll give you the first car, only need a couple million to get started.

You are the reason there are so many of these scam artists out there, gullible as shit.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:37 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by shawn22
I'll even tell you I can produce it, even though its completetly unrealistic to think that I could even come CLOSE to the specs provided.

Will you invest money into me? I'll give you the first car, only need a couple million to get started.

You are the reason there are so many of these scam artists out there, gullible as shit.
First off, you seem kinda mad. Second, I'm not investing nor encouraging anyone to invest in this company in any way. Saying you can do something and doing it are completely different, which is why I stated my obvious reservations about the car itself and their performance claims in the op.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:39 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by boredom
so lets get this straight. some guy dreams of a car that will go 314mph and then price it at 1/4 the cost of a bugatti. the only car company i can think of that losses money on every model made, also it will out perform every vehicle on the planet and run door to door with top fuel dragsters...all while being made in the US? lawlz. ill give you a bj if it happens as planned. full homo too.
Quoted for future use.

Quick Reply: Dagger GT